Author Topic: anyone doing any fishing  (Read 5915 times)

Offline Rob

anyone doing any fishing
« on: January 12, 2016, 01:17 PM »
Looks a little slow in here. Anyone catching anything or even going out fishing?

Offline Tweeder

• AZCA Members
Re: anyone doing any fishing
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 01:28 PM »
I wish, I haven't been out since Mid Dec due to the holidays and weather issues.  Heard the same thing from a lot of other people as well.

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 06:37 PM »
I've  been hitting the city lake in Payson and putting up consistent numbers of Crappie and Trout. Most Crappie are right around the 10 inch mark, and I have released them all. Everything has been on the fly rod, but small jigs or tubes should work fine.
When in doubt, set the hook!

Tom

Offline SteveJ

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 12:53 AM »
We are going to Payson today, shopping trip. I set a rod up for spin casting flies, thanks to your earlier report. Will give report.

Offline Rollo

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2016, 06:28 PM »
Heading to Alamo in a week, haven't been there for at least 12 years. With the disappearance of crappie at Roosevelt and the issues with San Carlos, Alamo seems like it might be my best bet to catch some crappie. I'll be in a black Skeeter stop by and say hi if you're going to be out there. I'm going to read back through previous posts and come up with a game plan.

Offline SteveJ

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2016, 04:40 AM »
Heading to Alamo in a week, haven't been there for at least 12 years. With the disappearance of crappie at Roosevelt and the issues with San Carlos, Alamo seems like it might be my best bet to catch some crappie. I'll be in a black Skeeter stop by and say hi if you're going to be out there. I'm going to read back through previous posts and come up with a game plan.
Too cold. Wimped out

Offline Rollo

• AZCA Members
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2016, 11:13 AM »
Perfect for winter type patterns.... ::)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal