Author Topic: TRITOON's Alamo Reports  (Read 4842 times)

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
TRITOON's Alamo Reports
« on: February 08, 2016, 12:23 PM »
TRITOON asked if I could post these text message reports - he's been at Alamo for the past few days:

Thursday 10:56am:
Well, after three days of gale force winds we finally have a fishable day.  Perfect weather - cold but calm.  7 in the box and done scouting.  Fish are concentrated still along the buoy line with 15 pulls out at 1.2 mph.  BBC and Shell Cracker are the colors.  Will keep you informed....

Thursday 12:49pm:
Ended up with 11.  I call that a good day!  Wind has come up so we are heading in...

Sunday 9:11am:
Yesterday started out cold but nice.  Fish were more spread out and not concentrated, seem to be moving up lake slowly, they should concentrate again up by the trees in a few days.  We ended up with 13, several 2 lbs and over.  Bit on just about everything.  15 pulls seemed to work the best.  Water starts out at 48 in the mornings but each day warming up a degree or two.  Currently 51.  Guys bobber fishing are doing pretty good too.  30 boats yesterday and about the same today, should clear out quite a bit after today.  Wind has been coming up around noon so short days.  Slower today 2 in the box and the most I know if is 3, most have nothing.  We are moving up lake to see if the fish are moving.  It looks like things are shaping up for a fantastic Crappie Fest.

Sunday 11:56am:
Went from glass to whitecaps in 30 seconds.  We are out with 5

Today 9:47am:
Been windy since daylight and only 2 light bites to show for it.  Water has been 51.7 since launch and not changed.  Have only seen 3 fish caught, 16 boats today.  Not looking good.

Today 10:05am
We spotted several schools up half way to the trees but no luck.  They weren't there 2 days ago, I think they're on the move and not feeding.  Just picked up one on a Wally World.  Boy, it's getting rough....

Today 11:48am:
Calling it quits with one.  Hope for a better day tomorrow

Offline azbohunter

Re: TRITOON's Alamo Reports
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 12:25 PM »
Great job Wade! Thanks for the report
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Offline IAMMAC

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 05:44 PM »
Sounds like they are on the move!  Should be interesting this weekend.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 05:50 AM »
with this near record temps through the weekend it will probably really pick up till the next storm with the way things are going may not happen what a bust for an El Nino winter :crybaby2: that lake needs water so bad
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline IAMMAC

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2016, 08:31 AM »
How many of you think that the fish at the buoy line migrate up lake to the river end to spawn in the trees?  My thinking is that they spawn in one of the two big coves on either side of the buoy line and don't make that trip.  Thoughts?

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2016, 05:51 AM »
How many of you think that the fish at the buoy line migrate up lake to the river end to spawn in the trees?  My thinking is that they spawn in one of the two big coves on either side of the buoy line and don't make that trip.  Thoughts?

I vote no
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline KINGFISHER

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2016, 10:30 AM »
I vote yes.  Over the years, I've taken hundreds of crappie off the brush in the river end.  That could, however, be just where they were.  For a definitive answer, I suggest we GPS tag some fish from the buoy line and see where they go.
“In my circle of old friends there is no clear line between religion and crappie fishing”

Offline TRITOON

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2016, 04:21 PM »
Wow What a trip. We skipped out on church the first Sunday morning the 31st  to beat the storm setting up camp, we did beat the storm but it all went haywire from there. Got the boat up on Monday and started fishing Tuesday, got 1 really nice crappie after being hammered by the wind. A little too soon after the storm. Wednesday started out pretty nice but the fish still weren't cooperating. We fished from the point SW of the buoy line all the way to the trees picking up 7 fish all through the area. Several schools were spotted close to the buoy line on the west side in about 35 fow but not biting. Thursday started out great with the fish being pretty active at first light, we concentrated on the west side of the lake from the bouy line to the point  on the south side of the cove and picked up 11 nice fish. But again the wind came up and after trying to control my big blue cork in the wind I burnt up a fuse block to the trolling motor and was having some issues with my center pontoon so we headed in for repairs and a call to the mechanic. After talking to the shop foreman he suggested we bring the boat in for them to look at so we hit the road and drove to Mesa to get things checked out. After given the all clear headed back to the lake, what a day. Saturday we picked up 13 fish before the wind came up and blew us off the lake. They were very aggressive and hitting hard early then dropped off about 11am . Sunday we didn't find the fish where we had been getting them earlier in the week so moved north of the buoy line and covered a lot of ground spotting several schools but didn't seem to like anything we offered them.We did end up with two nice fish that edged the scale at 2lbs.  A lot of dead talapia in the upper lake, we did see several dead crappie and a few bass in the lower lake earlier but nothing like the talapia. Monday was a miserable day for us as the wind was blowing when we got on the water and didn't let up all day, came off the lake with 1 fish and felt we had had enough of the wind and made plans to break camp and move the trailer and boat back to town and wait for things to settle down and give it another try.
For us anything with an orange color in it seemed to the best. WE trolled at 1.0 -1.2 mph for the most part but tried different speeds and depths with results not changing too much so we stuck with what we knew.
Good luck to everyone going up for the meeting next week, things should be settled down by then and the fish hungry after fasting while we were there.
Lesson learned : DON'T SKIP CHURCH FOR PLEASURE!   God can really mess with you if you stiff him.
GOD BLESS

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2016, 04:39 PM »
what was the water temp at the end of the trip?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal