Author Topic: Anybody been yet  (Read 7211 times)

Offline on the rocks

• AZCA Members
Anybody been yet
« on: January 24, 2011, 05:37 PM »
Got a call from my brother and he is coming in this weekend to fish San Carlos with me. Weather looks decent and with our schedules this has to be the weekend. Anybody been and if so how did you do. Any info is appreciated. Thank you in advance
I think we will be to early but better early than late.

Mark

Piscolli

Re: Anybody been yet
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 06:39 PM »
I've heard from several people that it been good fishing. I plan to go Friday and I'll call you.

Offline on the rocks

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 07:37 PM »
Thanks Billy joe bob. Just found out his son may come as well (senior in high school) so now I am also looking for a seat for 1 If anyone is going and has an extra seat I would appreciate and pitch in if you could make room Thanks again

Mark

Offline Southern_Pride

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 10:04 AM »
I'm thinking about heading up there tomorrow to try the mid-week bite out. I will let you guys know how it is Thursday.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.....
It's learning how to dance in the rain.

wadefisherman

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 12:05 PM »
I had a call from Ron, the guy who sells the minnows yesterday. He got 19 nice crappie by red point. Fish were holding in 2-4 foot of water. Water clarity is about 1.5'. I may take a trip out there myself.

Offline Southern_Pride

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 01:46 PM »
Where is Red Point?

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 06:34 AM »
excellent, mt tm is down but i might go and still fish under a bobber on one side and cast on the other. never heard of red point.

wadefisherman

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 09:13 AM »
I would just look for the flotilla and join the group.  :3some:

Offline Southern_Pride

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2011, 08:26 AM »
Ok. I left my house in Mesa at 0530, got on the water at 0730. Took the six minute ride to Red Point. There were 13 boats between 0800 and 1200. Water temp was 47 degrees when I started. Most people were trolling bobbers with minnow, I trolled a 1/16 JDG tipped with a minnow. The morning bite is very slow, I pulled one out and didn't see too many more people catching much. Most of the boats left around noon when the infamous mid day winds started blowing down the lake. About 2 PM the water temp hit 51 and that seemed the number the fish were looking for. I caught 5 within a 45 minute stretch and then it was off again so I headed home. All my fish were caught in 15 1/2 to 16 feet of water, making passes down the west side of Red Point through the submerged brush about 30 feet off the shoreline. There were plenty of boats out about 100 - 200 yards off shore trolling but like I said, I didn't see much catching. Some other boats probably did as well as I did, definitely no one pulling in 20-25. I would say once that water hits 55-59 degrees, that lake will explode! The weekend of Feb. 12th is looking good. Good luck, I hope this helped.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2011, 08:57 AM »
wow that water is coooooooooooool, thanks for the report
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal