Author Topic: Anybody been yet  (Read 7257 times)

Offline TRITOON

Re: Anybody been yet
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2011, 12:44 PM »
Thanks for the info, the time is getting close when things are going to bust wide open throughout the whole area.
GOD BLESS

Offline Stevert

• AZCA Members
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2011, 09:10 PM »
Ok. I left my house in Mesa at 0530, got on the water at 0730. Took the six minute ride to Red Point. There were 13 boats between 0800 and 1200. Water temp was 47 degrees when I started. Most people were trolling bobbers with minnow, I trolled a 1/16 JDG tipped with a minnow. The morning bite is very slow, I pulled one out and didn't see too many more people catching much. Most of the boats left around noon when the infamous mid day winds started blowing down the lake. About 2 PM the water temp hit 51 and that seemed the number the fish were looking for. I caught 5 within a 45 minute stretch and then it was off again so I headed home. All my fish were caught in 15 1/2 to 16 feet of water, making passes down the west side of Red Point through the submerged brush about 30 feet off the shoreline. There were plenty of boats out about 100 - 200 yards off shore trolling but like I said, I didn't see much catching. Some other boats probably did as well as I did, definitely no one pulling in 20-25. I would say once that water hits 55-59 degrees, that lake will explode! The weekend of Feb. 12th is looking good. Good luck, I hope this helped.

Nice report.  Way to stick with it.   

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2011, 04:33 AM »
rain and back into the low 60's starting monday for several days, that should mess things up again :wtf:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2011, 07:08 AM »
we do need some rain ann inch or two not ten. hopefully next week then super warm till the end of the month. i can cetainly find the crew but for chits and gigs where is red point. on the south side?

Offline Southern_Pride

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2011, 08:44 AM »
North East side of the lake. Just east of jack rabbit flat. You won't miss the flotilla.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.....
It's learning how to dance in the rain.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal