Author Topic: Alamo clinic  (Read 4124 times)

Bob M

Alamo clinic
« on: February 13, 2016, 06:11 PM »
Wasted the first hour at Alamo at first light working with the armada for nothing and not seeing even one fish caught.  Moved to last years GPS marks and put on our own little clinic burning mostly through our 8 dozen minnows.  Too bad there was nobody around to watch the fun.  Lost count before 11:00 and it was a good day!

Numerous dead Talapia all over the lake, whats up with that?

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Re: Alamo clinic
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 07:54 PM »
Heard about the Talapia, that's weird.  Good you were able to make the move and find some.  Thanks for the report.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 05:50 AM »
happens some years at alamo and other smaller lakes Talapia being a tropical fish can not tolerate sustained water temp below 55 degrees with the lake so small and the cold weather we had up to our recent heat wave the Talapia die off. Have seen years even when the lake had a lot more water coves covered with dead Talapia.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Tweeder

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 10:36 AM »
Thanks for the report Bob, how was the size of the ones caught? Females getting close?

Offline dan napientek

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2016, 08:27 AM »
Is the buoy line towards the dam or the stick up's? Thx

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2016, 08:11 AM »
Is the buoy line towards the dam or the stick up's? Thx

stick ups (trees) up lake
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal