Author Topic: Roosevelt 2/14  (Read 6850 times)

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
Roosevelt 2/14
« on: February 15, 2016, 10:25 AM »
Fished the east buoy line with about 10 other boats from 730 to 11. We only managed one crappie on a JDG jig. Might have done better if I hadn't forgotten the minnows in the truck. Water was fairly clear and temps were 56. The fish we caught was about 1.5 pounds and very healthy looking
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline Rocko

• ahhhh
Re: Roosevelt 2/14
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 11:53 AM »
Hmmm that's a far cry from the AZ game and fish report saying that crappie fisherman continue to catch daily limits of crappie at Roosevelt.  I find that report extremely hard to believe.  Can anyone verify?  It sure seems like someone is just making up the report.  We all know that Roosevelt has not produced those kind of crappie catches in a long time.

:sign0103:
Rocky

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 07:08 PM »
Might have done better if I hadn't forgotten the minnows in the truck.
I don't know how anyone catches crappie without the minnows unless it's like San Carlos in the old days. 

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 11:00 PM »
Out of the boats sharing the water that I talked to it was certainly slow as far as catch rate. Most people I talked to were trolling with jigs tipped. I would have taken a different approach and tight lined with minnows, as the conditions were perfect for that. Tons of other places to try for crappie, as we only stayed in that area.
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2016, 05:14 AM »
Might have done better if I hadn't forgotten the minnows in the truck.
I don't know how anyone catches crappie without the minnows unless it's like San Carlos in the old days.

we don't need no minnows :headbang:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2016, 06:22 PM »
we don't need no minnows :headbang:
OK, YOU and a couple other slayers on this site don't need them.  But I do!

Offline gonfishin

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2016, 10:13 AM »
Adding to the gloom, I fished Fri From 7am to 4pm, from Salt arm to Tonto arm (including Sally Mae and Long Gulch), trolled jigs tipped with minnows and slow trolled (0.1 to 0.3mph) bare minnows vertically. Not a bite all day. Only fish I saw were schools of carp on the surface early in the day. Bummer.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal