Author Topic: Alamo Feb 20-21  (Read 3518 times)

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Alamo Feb 20-21
« on: February 21, 2016, 07:10 PM »
Got on the lake about 8:30am on Saturday and already dozens of boats.  Someone counted 67 boats in visible range at one point (I didn't verify).  Some on the buoy line but many further up lake.  Not fully in the trees yet but up there.  I trolled in 14-18' of water and started off slow watching many around me catching, me watching.  Adjusted my position more to the center of the lake and did better.  Seemed like by 11am though it slowed but those that stayed out still caught fish.  My boat ended with 14 keepers and we threw a couple smaller ones back.  Best odds came with vertical trolling off the front but off the back with bobber also worked.   Sunday morning we thought we were gonna score a ton so got out earlier maybe 8am and off the water by 10:30am and only caught 5 I think.  Heard those that got out even earlier had nice catches on Sunday. Had nice fish fry tonight with my boys :-)

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
Re: Alamo Feb 20-21
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 07:21 PM »
Way to go Matty Ice!!!  Great job keeping the boys fishing and entertained.
When in doubt, set the hook!

Tom

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 07:26 PM »
thanks for the report, must of been a zoo launching off that small area gravel launch :dontknow:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline timbo

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2016, 07:31 PM »
We got 13 on Saturday. It was fun

Offline TRITOON

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2016, 07:57 PM »
Nice job guys, very respectable numbers for the way things have been going. Won't be long and they should get really active. What was the water temps you had.
Thanks.
GOD BLESS

Offline freshwater

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2016, 08:06 PM »
Good going guys sounds like the weather must have cooperated. :dance: :3some:

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2016, 08:15 PM »
Surprisingly the boat ramp wasn't too bad.  You can fit 2-3 at a time and everyone was in and out pretty fast when I was there.  Yes, my boys all caught fish and even had my older one bring in a few on the 16' rods (thank goodness for the extendable net!).  Weather was outstanding, really, really nice day and night.  And good to see some of the AZCrappie crew there. 

Oh my suburban was acting up.... battery was dead to the point it couldn't start the truck but otherwise fine.  So everytime we needed to go somewhere we needed a jump.  Thanks to all who assisted with that craziness.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal