Author Topic: Lake Havasu  (Read 7406 times)

Offline hookup

Lake Havasu
« on: March 01, 2016, 07:53 AM »
I'm a new member and looking for Crappie fishing info at Havasu. The description of Alamo where members are
catching  Crappie sounds like the south end of Havasu where the Bill Williams enters the lake. I plan to apply the methods learned on this site there.

I think I'll try open water fishing near the mouth of the river in 10'-15' fow this time of yr. At some point i assume the
Crappie will move in the mile + long river above the lake. The river is only 1 1/2' deep where it meets the lake and than gets 7-9' deep for the mile + up towards Alamo. The banks are 2' deep along the reeds on sides for the first mile and than near the upper end of the river its 6' deep to the side with trees over hanging and stumps submerged. There was shad bunched up here in the last month if it matters.

Please provide any recommendations you have for me to try fishing this area.

Thanks to all the members for sharing their fishing methods. I have learned a lot and plan to use it.
I hope to meet you guys and gals at Alamo.

Mike

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Lake Havasu
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 05:57 AM »
I never hear anyone talking about crappie fishing at Havasu :dontknow: they do catch huge redear sunfish at that lake from them eating all the mussels in the lake. If I was going to try and find crappie I think I would hit the numerous coves on the lake that have artificial habitat in them (I think there is a map showing there location) I theory that Bill Williams end should be a crappie spot but unless it is a well kept secret by locals I never hear anything about any numbers of crappie in that lake :dontknow:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline hookup

Re: Lake Havasu
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 09:01 PM »
Thanks for the reply fishless.
There is no one fishing here for Crappie in the winter near Havasu Springs, Bill Williams or the Parker dam.
I have occasionally seen one in the trash at the cleaning station from the striper fisherman so i know
some are there. Its so hot in the summer and with the action from the big fast boats there is almost no one fishing for anything.

I'll try the coves next time out as you suggested.
Thanks again
Mike   

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal