Author Topic: Post cold front at Alamo  (Read 4643 times)

Offline azbohunter

Post cold front at Alamo
« on: March 10, 2016, 09:52 AM »
Did a day trip yesterday hitting water around 7 and leaving 2:30 or so. Started out fishing bank and caught one male and one bass, by a 8 we were at buoy line trolling combination of jigs, grubs and minnows. Fished tree tops in 20 to 30 FOW landing 6 fish but missing many more than that, light bitters! At noon when surface temp warmed from 58 to 61 we went back to bank and caught 2 more males. Wind kicked up big time and we fought it for a while but considering it was a day trip we packed it in.
Talked to boaters who were getting 20's and 30's per day last week who had 1 and 2 so our 10 looked good.
Water has become pretty dirty on north end of lake due to high winds last few days, I expect with warming and more stable weather in the forecast for next week that bank fishing is going to heat up in the near future.
Marked a lot of fish suspended in the trees, think they were hiding :(
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
Re: Post cold front at Alamo
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 10:05 AM »
I'm heading up tomorrow. Hope to see you there. Thanks for the update.
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline azbohunter

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 10:32 AM »
Good luck Sparkchaser...Next week for me "maybe".
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Offline Tweeder

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 10:49 AM »
I am heading out early tomorrow as well but just for a day trip.  Thanks for the report. 

Offline IAMMAC

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2016, 04:17 PM »
I am heading out early tomorrow as well but just for a day trip.  Thanks for the report.

You're not going for the meeting?

Offline TRITOON

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2016, 08:05 PM »
Thanks for the report, we needed a good scout out there.  Hopefully things will get straightened out before SCF.
GOD BLESS

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal