Author Topic: 3/16  (Read 4268 times)

Offline azbohunter

3/16
« on: March 17, 2016, 08:04 AM »
Hopefully is was just a bad day for me but two of us fished from 7ish till 2 and boated 5 crappie and a handful of bass we released. Caught 1 fish on the buoy line and the rest on shore line. Hindsight is always more clear but I think we should have started on shore instead of the buoy line but :dontknow:
The water is pretty dirty especially in the upper end, has to be from the afternoon winds which did the normal blow like crazy in the afternoon yesterday.
Only talked to a few other boats, 1 had 6, 1 had 2. Talked to guys who fished the day before and zeroed.
Not complaining, have made at least 10 trips and have always caught our share, last trip only 10 and this trip 5, the rest usually in mid 20's. The surprise is that I thought with the warm stable conditions this last week I thought they would be hot.
Last note, 4 of 5 were males and pretty black.
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Offline Tweeder

• AZCA Members
Re: 3/16
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 11:52 AM »
Thanks for the report bohunter.  Sounds like 5 was a decent day compared to the other catches you mentioned.  Sounds like they are moving in as well.  Were you casting jigs for the ones near the shore?

Offline azbohunter

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 04:32 PM »
Yes, marking suspended fish on the Garmin and go back to them. We didn't start that till the end, should have been earlier.
And as always, there could have been someone, and probably was, that had a great day! I did not talk to all that many boaters.
It is called "fishing".
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Offline KINGFISHER

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 07:06 PM »
Amen Bohunter!
“In my circle of old friends there is no clear line between religion and crappie fishing”

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal