Author Topic: Rosy or Bart for night crappie  (Read 6177 times)

Offline AZfisherdude

Rosy or Bart for night crappie
« on: May 14, 2010, 12:21 PM »
So I posted this elsewhere but thought I'd post here too since you guys are the experts :greengrin:

I'd like to go night fishing on Sunday with a buddy. We got skunked last trip out to SC and haven't heard anything good lately so I figured we would try Bartlett or Roosevelt. Never been to Rosy and would appreciate your input.

So, if you don't mind sharing, which do you think will be better right now? Where abouts should we fish?

Anybody else going to be at either one on sunday?

Also, I am not familiar with proper crappie etiquette. If someone is fishing in an area with their light then is it appropriate to anchor up near them and share the glory? If so what distance is best to maintain? I am used to fishing away from others so was wondering how this works since I have heard talk of crappie dudes fishing real close to each other. Thanks!

Offline timbo

• Administrator
Re: Rosy or Bart for night crappie
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 03:14 PM »
I think most crappie fisherman would say to stay 6ft away from other boat. :dance:

Offline Fish Hawk

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 03:59 PM »
I would say its a tossup between Bart and Rosy. Probly do ok at either. If you parked 6' from my boat  :violent-smiley-007: Now if asked if you could come in fish with us and add more light (more light is always better) thats another story. But you would park about 15' apart, so the boats can drift around with out problems

Piscolli

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 05:45 PM »
Bartlett for numbers, Rosey for slabs. And hell, you can tie up to my boat if you te booze and don't mind listening to trash metal.  :headbang:

Offline AZfisherdude

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 10:08 PM »
You guys are hilarious  :lol_hitting:

I do appreciate the advice though cause I have little idea of what I am doing. Been fishing at night a few times but never caught more than 1 or 2 fish.

Any of you guys going to be at either lake this Sunday?

Piscolli

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 10:11 PM »
We're doin Alamo Saturday night. Just look for the big pontoon with the freakin dance floor and that's Willie. Most of us shouldn't be too far behind him.

Offline AZfisherdude

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 07:39 AM »
I just read that in your other post. It is too far for me to make it on Sunday and I am working tonight. I hope you guys can slay them out there. One of these days I'll get out and see it for myself.

If I go to Rosy I think I remember you saying to shoot for the cliffs across from Schoolhouse launch right?

What about Bart? The only place I fished there before was Yellow Cliffs. Should I drop lights out there or go someplace else like in the river channel or over by RS cove?

Any help narrowing down where to drop lights would be cool. I figure near a transition like points or a flat with a slope might be good but dunno. Thanks again and good luck!

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2010, 01:20 PM »
Generally over some trees are always good for dropping lights. Willie's been fishing up the river and doing alright with some night fishing recently. The key is to find decent looking structure (or even a school of fish) with your electronics and just drop the light. I've never night fished Bartlett and only once at Roosey so I don't know of specific areas. Across from Schoolhouse always seems to be great. And when I've been fishing at Bartlett, I've been seeing tons of piled up fish at the mouth of many coves.

Offline AZfisherdude

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2010, 03:21 PM »
Thanks Phreek. Nice job on the site too.

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2010, 04:32 PM »
No problem. Report back on where yiu go and how you do. I'm thinking about going to Bartlett next Friday or Saturday night.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal