Author Topic: Long Lake  (Read 3092 times)

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
Long Lake
« on: June 01, 2010, 07:18 PM »
Heading up to Long Lake for the weekend and was wondering if anybody has the latest updates on the lake.

Been there a couple of times before but haven't really fished it too hard.  Did manage to catch some very nice leftover stockers last trip.  I know there are Pike, Walleye & Trout in the lake but what about Crappie?  G&F website isn't updated much but heard Dieppert mention that there are Crappie there. If the wind allows, will give the crappie fishing a try.

If anybody out there is looking to get away next weekend, let me know.  Have a large group going and you are always welcome to join us.

LLL

Offline Whatagearhead

Re: Long Lake
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 07:58 PM »
I have never fished there, but typically any lakes that can support trout have very small crappie (.5 lbs) if they have them at all.  Good luck!

Tom
Wanted: Total Conciousness

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Long Lake
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 12:36 PM »
been told by friends that there are crappie in that lake and nice ones like at willow springs, kind of hard to believe as I have seen that lake dry several times through the years when we have our droughts? I always fish for the big trout there or freeze my ass off in the late fall duck hunting it.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal