Author Topic: sc 1/30  (Read 3631 times)

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
sc 1/30
« on: January 31, 2011, 11:30 AM »
thx to cabellas i got a new tm put on on saturday. so i made it to the lake sunday. it was beauty eh. got 9 threw 2 back cuz just to little. on one poll i ran a 1/8 red bullet sinker to three way swiv. on top a floating lime/chart. jig with a little lime spin n glo in front, a jd triple threat and a gulp waxie tip. on the bottom a 1/16 chart roadrunner with bbc and minnow tip. 5 on the floater 0 on the roadrunner. on the other side i had a 1/16th lime/chart red hook jig on a little clip spinner and a yum babybeave in jd. minnow tipped 3 waxie tipped 2. none of size though. most in 15 ft-16.
the new tm has ipilot, although i didnt use the tracking much as i basically had no track to follow, the cruise control and auto sterring was like i retired. usually im dancing on the footpedal and the cable in the way and the footpedal ripping up my carpet,  all gone. now im cruzin with my feet up im walking around the boat its all good. its like having sulu at the helm. worth every dime.

wadefisherman

Re: sc 1/30
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 01:00 PM »
I have the co-pilot set up, it makes it so much easier trolling. I hadn't thought of trying a floater on top, that is a good idea.

Offline Azflyfisher

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 02:30 PM »
The flyfisherman also made an appearance on Sunday. Wasted some time driving around on dirt roads trying to find some lake access to launch our kick boats--my normal spots were a bit far away from the water.  On the water by 10:00 a.m., and started rowing back to the truck at 3:00--directly into a head wind that popped up just as we started back. Ended our short day with 6 medium sized crappies (maybe ~ 1 pound.) Although we graphed a lot of fish in 12-15 feet of water, all of our biters were out in 20-22 feet of water. Flies that worked were olive, pink and chartreuse streamers. 

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 04:14 PM »
saw you dudes, looked like fun. that lake often has a serious wind come up in the mid afternoon. must of been a good workout gettin across the lake back home.

Offline TRITOON

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 05:02 PM »
Great report, good detail.  Now bring back the warm weather so the bite will get with it.
GOD BLESS

wadefisherman

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 07:48 PM »
Exactly! I won't be going out the rest of this week. Will be shooting for next Wednesday or Thursday.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal