Author Topic: Catching Some at San Carlos?  (Read 5878 times)

Offline Tombstone King

Catching Some at San Carlos?
« on: April 15, 2016, 02:51 PM »
The post by  Fishless yesterday under "Crappie Reports" indicating that some Crappie were being caught from shore there got me excited, so I made couple calls to San Carlos Game & Fish and to the Lake Store.  The people I talked to at both places said people are in fact catching both crappie and bass from shore (and boats) but neither of the people had information about numbers or sizes of the fish.  The G&F guy said the lake is being drawn down but it currently still extends to Old San Carlos and the main cement ramp should remain usable for another month or so.  The guy at the store said they just started selling minnows today for the first time in years.  He said they had taken delivery of 500 yesterday afternoon.  They do not sell permits at the store anymore so you would have to stop at Bashas.  If anybody goes anytime soon, I would recommend bringing your own minnows.  500 minnows could disappear in no time, the store does not open until 8 AM, they are $3.50 a dozen, and in the past, the store employees did not do a very good job of keeping minnows alive.  I can't go for a while but I hope some member is willing to give it a try,  and has a great report to post for the rest of us afterwards.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal