Author Topic: Is anybody doing any fishing???  (Read 9188 times)

Offline hydrospec2001

Is anybody doing any fishing???
« on: June 26, 2016, 03:03 PM »
Hey yall,
I haven't posted anything in a while due to becoming a family man. Got married, had a little boy, the whole 9. Anyway, it seems like nobody is posting on here anymore. Am I missing somthing? It seemed like there used to be numerous posts daily and now hardly a fishing report. What happened yall?

BTW,
Went to Bartlett last week with 3 dozen minnows, water was ridiculously low. I've only been fishing out there for 3 years but by far the worst I've seen yet. Contrary to the fishing report at Sportsmans, said it was excellent, all I had to show was a small cat about 10 inches. I'm planning to head out Thursday night and I'm looking to try another lake. Anybody got some tips? If I get on them I'll be happy to report!

Piscolli

Re: Is anybody doing any fishing???
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 05:44 AM »
The only fishing I'm doing is in my pool, too dang hot!  :angry4:

Offline sandman

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 09:35 AM »
We ate at the Seafood Market last night. Does that count?

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 08:45 AM »
Hey yall,
I haven't posted anything in a while due to becoming a family man. Got married, had a little boy, the whole 9. Anyway, it seems like nobody is posting on here anymore. Am I missing somthing? It seemed like there used to be numerous posts daily and now hardly a fishing report. What happened yall?

BTW,
Went to Bartlett last week with 3 dozen minnows, water was ridiculously low. I've only been fishing out there for 3 years but by far the worst I've seen yet. Contrary to the fishing report at Sportsmans, said it was excellent, all I had to show was a small cat about 10 inches. I'm planning to head out Thursday night and I'm looking to try another lake. Anybody got some tips? If I get on them I'll be happy to report!

I fished Bartlett a few weeks ago with no success for crappie. We started before dark, and covered a lot of water down lake. Ended up dropping lights in Cat Bay, and drifted to Yellow cliffs. 
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline CamFisher

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2016, 05:45 PM »
I am new to this group and new to fishing arizona.  I am an avid fisherman, but mainly fished the Pacific northwest. My crappie experience was mainly in idaho, summertime on the snake river.
I tried out Roosevelt a month ago and could only get bass and catfish while throwing cranks at the shoreline around coves off windy point. I tried using green lights in a cove at night. That brought in the baitfish, but no crappie. I was bouncing jigs and some minnows (but I am new to minnow fishing). I am going to go out again perhaps this weekend...any advice appreciated. Thanks.

Offline Tweeder

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2016, 12:19 PM »
I am new to this group and new to fishing arizona.  I am an avid fisherman, but mainly fished the Pacific northwest. My crappie experience was mainly in idaho, summertime on the snake river.
I tried out Roosevelt a month ago and could only get bass and catfish while throwing cranks at the shoreline around coves off windy point. I tried using green lights in a cove at night. That brought in the baitfish, but no crappie. I was bouncing jigs and some minnows (but I am new to minnow fishing). I am going to go out again perhaps this weekend...any advice appreciated. Thanks.
Been a while at Roosevelt but I have had previous success night fishing at the mouth of tank creek (opposite windy hill just off to the east) and the mouth of Y cove (may be too shallow at current lake levels).  Other good bets are the marina and Salome Cove at night for crappie.  Good luck.

Offline CamFisher

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2016, 12:25 PM »
Would Bartlett, or possibly another lake, be more successful at this time- compared to Roosevelt?....if anyone has any feedback.  Thanks!

Offline Tweeder

• AZCA Members
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2016, 12:31 PM »
Night fished Bartlett a few weeks ago and caught 0 crappie.  Alamo is the safest bet for catching them though I haven't heard and reports from people night fishing there yet and it is a bit of a drive.   

Offline Philbie

• Minnesota Crappie
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2016, 08:34 PM »
Leaving tomorrow to go to Great Slave Lake for a week. :blob1:

Offline ArZFisher

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2016, 10:34 PM »
Sup guys long time for me. I just got a newer boat so couldn't go out for awhile. The Ole Starcraft will be up for sale shortly :(.... If i was going crappie fishing I would be going to either Alamo or the river at Pleasant. Waters temps in the river were 80 last week when we were fishing. No slabs but really not wasn't targeting them. Their is however lots of fish up past the no wake zone.  We caught several nice fish from the River last year. Ill be out their this weekend Saturday night and Sunday night. Ill bring my crappie rods and the green light and see what We can find. With water Temps high I would start deep and work your way up. Ill be out their in a 79 Tracker 40 hp Tan and Brown striped. Good luck out their and stay hydrated!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal