Author Topic: 2016 Spring Crappie Fest/ April Meeting location  (Read 10009 times)

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
2016 Spring Crappie Fest/ April Meeting location
« on: March 05, 2016, 08:44 AM »
                                                                                                       2016 Spring Crappie Fest

The 2016 AZCA Spring Crappie Fest will be held on Saturday April 9th at Alamo Lake. This is our club's annual spring campout, fishing derby and open meeting. Spring Crappie Fest is open to all AZCA Club Members and their families along with registered users of this website and their families. Please join us for a fun filled weekend. All club events will be held in camp area B, campsite B32

Camping:
The club has reserved several sites in camp area B for club members to use on Friday and Saturday nights. If you plan to camp on Friday night you will be responsible for the fee of $25 payed to either Tweeder or Sparkchaser. If you plan to camp only on Saturday night, there will be no charge. Please bring your camp fee and pay either of us after the meeting.

Friday night open grill:
Friday night the club will provide charcoal for those who wish to use the grill at camp site B32. Feel free to come over and meet some new friends.

Friday and Saturday night camp fire:
Both nights we will have a campfire at camp site B32. Please bring firewood to use.

CornHole Boards:
Cornhole boards will be at campsite B32 for everyone to use.

Fishing Derby:
The Club will have a fishing derby on Saturday, April 9th from 6am to 3pm.  Prizes will be awarded to derby & big fish winners. This is a private event for members of the Arizona Crappie Association, registered users of www.azcrappie.com and their families. Please see the attached Fishing Derby Form for more information along with the derby rules & regulations.  The Eveland Cup will once again be awarded to the derby winners - here's your chance to get your team's name engraved on the Eveland Cup.

AZCA Raffle:
The AZCA Raffle will be held after the Derby weigh-in.  Tickets are $10 each or 6 for $50.  Must be present to win.

AZCA Open Meeting:
The official AZCA club meeting will be on Saturday, April 9th at 4pm.  This will be an open meeting for those interested in prospecting or possibly joining the Arizona Crappie Association.

Fish Fry and Potluck Dinner:
Also on Saturday, April 9th starting at 6pm is the club's fantastic fish fry and potluck dinner. If you're joining us, please bring a dish to pass.

Saturday Night Poker:
For those Poker Players, a gentleman’s game of Poker will be held on Saturday night after the Fish Fry at camp site B32

Schedule of Weekend Events:

• Friday 6pm - The AZCA will provide charcoal for the grill at camp site B32
• Saturday 6am - Fishing Derby begins. Please see the Fishing Derby Form for more info along with the rules & regulations.
• Saturday 3pm - Derby weigh-in back at camp site B32
* Saturday 3:30pm - AZCA Raffle at campsite B32.  Must be present to win.
• Saturday 4pm - Open AZCA Meeting immediately following the raffle at camp site B32.
• Saturday 6pm - Fish fry and potluck dinner begins at camp site B32.
• Saturday Evening – Campfire along with a Gentleman’s Poker tourney hosted by FishMan after the Fish Fry at campsite B32

Hope to see you there…..

Attached below is a printable version of the Fishing Derby entry form.  Please fill out the  form and bring it with you.  Thank You!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 09:14 AM by sparkchaser »
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline Top Deck

Re: 2016 Spring Crappie Fest/ April Meeting location
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 07:09 AM »
No crawfish boil this year?
Boy that was good!!!

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 10:00 AM »
No crawfish boil this year?
Boy that was good!!!
Your absolutely right, that was awesome. First time for this event at Alamo. Feeling it out, so to say. Maybe next year.
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2016, 06:52 AM »
good werk there lad. thanks. were gunna have a blast. pray for a stable high front and tight lines.

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 06:58 PM »
For Those interested, Saturday night (time TBD after fish fry) we will be having a gentlemans or gentle-ladies Poker Tournament. $5 entry with ALL monies being paid out to the winners. I will supply all the cards, chips, dealer buttons, etc needed. It will be tournament style your $5 buying you in for 5,000 in chips. I will design the blind structure based on the total number of players and for how long we want it to run (also TBD based on when we start). I have included a good link for some training if you are new to the game, otherwise just show up and have fun.

Last year I believe we had a few people that wanted to play, but missed the starting time. I felt bad about that, so this year to prevent that, simply turn in your $5 to me anytime Saturday and I will reserve your place. Keep in mind, you will be blinded out with/without being in your seat.

http://www.pokerology.com/lessons/basic-rules-of-poker/
When in doubt, set the hook!

Tom

Offline on the rocks

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2016, 07:38 AM »
Dave, We probably will not arrive to Spring Crappie Fest until after dark Friday evening. Just wondering if I had an assigned camp spot or just check in with you when we arrive. Really looking forward to seeing the entire Crappie Association Crew and maybe being competitive in the derby this year.

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2016, 09:44 AM »
For all people that have reserved a spot for camping please refer to this thread for instructions:

http://www.azcrappie.com/forum/index.php/topic,3022.30.html
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2016, 10:42 AM »
For all of you coming up for the derby this weekend. I called the store at Alamo, and they are expecting a shipment of minnows to arrive today. Just remember that the store opens at 8am, and closes at 430pm daily.
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline Tweeder

• AZCA Members
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2016, 07:37 AM »
Wondering if anyone has a open backseat one of our members (Colter) who may have an opportunity to come up and fish the derby.   I would take him but looks like we already have 4 on our boat.  He is currently waiting for a TM rebuild kit so chances are his boat won't be ready this weekend. 

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2016, 03:05 PM »
For all of you coming up for the derby this weekend. I called the store at Alamo, and they are expecting a shipment of minnows to arrive today. Just remember that the store opens at 8am, and closes at 430pm daily.

hopefully they are open all those hours :dontknow:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal