Author Topic: cold weather blues or trouble?  (Read 8130 times)

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
Re: cold weather blues or trouble?
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2011, 06:31 AM »
the evenrude cite has it for 32. just ordered some.

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2011, 06:44 AM »
I retract what I said. I use Mercury, not Evinrude. I can get "bulk" from Performance Marine. By "bulk" I mean I purchase a gallon from their bulk tank. It's a little cheaper than just buying a new gallon each time. I don't use my boat enough to need that purchase that much oil though. :-/

Offline Stevert

• AZCA Members
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2011, 06:46 AM »
I retract what I said. I use Mercury, not Evinrude. I can get "bulk" from Performance Marine. By "bulk" I mean I purchase a gallon from their bulk tank. It's a little cheaper than just buying a new gallon each time. I don't use my boat enough to need that purchase that much oil though. :-/

How much do they charge for the Merc synthetic bulk?  I think I bought it for 28 at Tempe when they were still around maybe 3 years ago. 

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2011, 05:15 PM »
Steve, I think I pay $26 per gallon, I have the mercury two gallon jug that I take in. You might call out there and talk to Sue but they fill the jug out of a 55 gallon barrel.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Stevert

• AZCA Members
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2011, 06:24 PM »
Thanks bruce.  I'll check it out.

wadefisherman

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2011, 08:36 PM »
I love my 4 stroke!  :3some:

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2011, 05:04 AM »
my next boat will have a 4 stroke, will go mercury, price for PM on a 4 stroke is about the same as the oil you will use in an opti, and the new 4 stroke only weigh about 25lbs heavier than the 2 stroke opti and mercury makes their own now with good results.

Brent at performance will tell you to go with the (company made oil) they know what is needed he also says most two strokes don't get cold enough here in AZ to thicken up the oil where it will not pull the oil up for use
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal