Author Topic: 2016 Bob Hirsch Crappie Classic - Fishing Derby, Fish Fry, Potluck, and Fun  (Read 4281 times)

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
My fish scale has gone missing in action. I'm going to look for it tonight and if needed go buy a new one but will anyone there have a fish scale, decent one we can use?

Offline on the rocks

• AZCA Members
I make a motion that if Matt needs to go buy a scale for the derby that the club reimburses him for that expense. Not only is it the right thing but we are also using the same scale @ every event.

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
I have a scale, but not digital. I agree, if you have to buy one for the club weigh in, the club should reimburse you.

I'm going to bring some extra fillets for the fry.
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
With Tommy not making it, is anyone else going to run a poker tourney?

Unfortunately I was unable to get tonight off, and won't be arriving until Friday afternoon. Should I bring my corn hole boards?
SEA.....HAWKS....

Piscolli

I make a motion that if Matt needs to go buy a scale for the derby that the club reimburses him for that expense. Not only is it the right thing but we are also using the same scale @ every event.

I second

Offline on the rocks

• AZCA Members
Dave, Yes please bring your cornhole courts if you have room. One of my favorite drinking games especially when it is partners and I do not have to walk back and forth :lol_hitting:

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Fishing derby and all events were a success.  Yes it stormed about noon and that static charge on the fishing poles was a bit concerning.  Here's the results of the derby:
2016 BHCC - 8 Teams - Alamo Lake
1st place   - Team "Clown Princess", 6 fish, 8.59lbs
2nd place   - Team "Mac and Spark", 7 fish, 7.49lbs
3rd place    - Team "Half Full", 5 fish, 7.03lbs
Wild Willie Big Fish  – Team "Sandman", 2.38lbs

I also updated the post at http://www.azcrappie.com/forum/index.php?topic=2236.msg16293#msg16293.

Here's your legend for team names:
Clown Princess ==> Mark and Marv
Mac and Spark --> Greg and Dave
Half Full -- Tom MeNrats and Bill's friends friends from the bay area

As usual, thanks guys for reserving the site and organizing the event.  Potluck, raffle, club meeting, etc., all went well.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 06:35 AM by sparkchaser »

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Here's a quick video of the storm: https://vimeo.com/186183937

And a few pictures.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Hopefully everyone got off the lake safely, nice heavy rain just enough to mess up the tournament but not enough to help the low level of the lake :crybaby2: looks like from the video you guys had the lake to yourself :dontknow: congrats to the winners sounds like it was a fun time, hopefully the rain cleared out for the evening.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 05:19 AM by Fishless »
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal