Author Topic: Alamo in turnover  (Read 4529 times)

Offline Top Deck

Alamo in turnover
« on: October 03, 2016, 06:33 PM »
I received a text from Triton today and he reported Alamo is in turnover.  He saI'd that it is almost over so we should be good for BHC

Offline azbohunter

Re: Alamo in turnover
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 06:45 PM »
I was there today,water is very dirty but there was not any floating vegetation or gunk. Water temp @ surface was 74. Only caught 7, dropped a few, I blamed it on the front and gusty winds BUT that was my guess. Last year about this time I posted "Alamo was in fall turnover".
Good luck this weekend.
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Offline Top Deck

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 06:59 PM »
Unfortunately I won't be able to make it up this weekend which is unfortunate but there is always next time I suppose.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 06:44 AM »
I don't think Alamo is deep enough to "turn over" I have read articles on that situation and they say it needs to be deep lakes of size and that normally local lakes in AZ don't "turn over" they had some rain up that way not enough to raise the lake but may have muddied up the water some.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline azbohunter

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2016, 09:33 AM »
Turnover on desert lakes is a matter of opinion I guess, some reads say they do, others say they don't, even so called experts disagree. Last year I posted about it and when I was there, at the time there was junk all over the surface, dead fish, scum and my boat had a mud ring around it when done fishing and visibility was very low. Monday the surface was clean but visibility, even at the boat launch was very low. It was not muddy looking as if from run off, it was more of a brown dirty green color.
Hopefully fishing will be on for the weekend, I will be anxious to read reports as I will not be able to attend.
Good luck to all...
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Offline sandman

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2016, 11:14 AM »
I think that you need a thermocline in order for a lake to turn over. I've never noticed one on my graphs here in AZ.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2016, 03:34 PM »
I have seen high winds at Alamo especially when  blowing up lake really mess up that lake with gunk, stain/mud all sorts of stuff, if the lake did turn over hopefully it clears up
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal