Author Topic: 2-7-2011 G&F Report  (Read 1605 times)

Piscolli

2-7-2011 G&F Report
« on: February 07, 2011, 09:07 AM »
The storms last week really hammered the Crappie bite. Flotillas at Rosey and San Carlos went from 20 to 40 boats catching 10 to 30 fish down to a half dozen or so catching a couple. It appears that most anglers took the weekend off. Hmm, maybe it was the storms, or maybe a little football game had something to do with it.

I’m not going to do a break down by lake because it was super slow everywhere and I didn’t get more than a few reports. However it looks like we have good weather all week so look for the bite at Rosey, SC and Alamo to pick back up. I would say by the weekend we will hear of some good catches again. At San Carlos try a 2” grub with some red in it. Red works well in the “coffee with cream” colored water there. Also, last week at Kilmer’s in Globe they had some gold colored minnows, they work really well also.

This Saturday the Arizona Crappie Association will be meeting at San Carlos for a day of fishing. If you see a group of boats all tied up together around noon, that’s us. Stop by and hi howdy or check us out on the web at www.azcrappie.com

My schedule at Bass Pro Shops this week is kind of chopped up. I work 1 pm close on Monday and Tuesday, then 11 am to 7 pm on Wednesday and Thursday. If you’re in the area stop in and check out the new baits we just got in. Bass Pro just came out with a 2” baby shad; it’s kind of like a fluke. We also got the Creme Lil Fishies and the 2” Lake Fork baby shad which are double jointed. Don’t forget to check out the new Crappie Maxx rods as well.

To protect the future of our sport the Arizona Crappie Association practices and promotes the immediate release of all Crappie under 10” in length.

Bill (Piscolli) Eveland
AZCA/ BPS

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
    • View Profile
Re: 2-7-2011 G&F Report
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 07:45 AM »
good report
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

T.K.O n Da Crappie

Re: 2-7-2011 G&F Report
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 04:16 PM »
Hey Bill,

Thanks for your time and dedication in writing these reports. It truly helps keep us informed on what's going on with Crappie fishing in Arizona.

TKO

:D