Author Topic: Come Help Build Fish Habitat  (Read 4553 times)

Offline Jones

Come Help Build Fish Habitat
« on: November 17, 2016, 07:06 AM »
Hi Everyone,

Our November habitat days are scheduled for Monday November 28 and Tuesday November 29 and we need to get a head count to see if we have enough volunteers. We will be meeting at 9:00am at the Mesa Office (7200 E University Drive; Mesa, Arizona 85207).

Please email akjones@azgfd.gov  or call 623-236-7593 to let me know if you can attend either or both of the November dates by November 21st.

We will be meeting at the Mesa Game and Fish Office (7200 E University Drive; Mesa, Arizona 85207). Any and all help is welcomed, 18 years or older. Children 14 to 17 years old need to be accompanies by an adult who will supervise them. If you have younger children (7-13) interested they can help out as well as long as they are being directly supervised at all times by a parent or guardian.

We will provide all the tools but you are welcome to bring your own. We will provide an ice-chest full of bottled water. We have a limited number of work gloves available and I suggest bringing your own pair in case we run out. The molds are made of fiberglass so dress accordingly, long-sleeved shirts and pants are recommended. Closed-toe shoes are required. Don’t forget to bring sunscreen as there is minimal shade and most of the work is in direct sunlight.

Feel free to forward this to anyone I have missed.

The rest of the fish habitat dates are:
December 16-17: Start 9:00am
January 4-5: Start 9:00am
February 3-4: Start 9:00am
March 3-4: Start 8:00 am

Piscolli

Re: Come Help Build Fish Habitat
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 08:10 PM »
Are the reef balls being deployed yet or is a plan to do so? What are G&fs plans to improve Crappie populations in our desert lakes?

Offline Jones

Re: Come Help Build Fish Habitat
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 02:35 PM »
Sorry it took me so long to respond. We have not deployed any yet as we are still waiting for final compliance. We are hoping to get final approval to place habitat into Roosevelt within the next few months. We are planning on improving the crappie populations by placing additional habitat that is suitable for crappie like the 8ft tall fishiding structures.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal