Author Topic: 360 Imaging  (Read 10116 times)

Offline SteveJ

360 Imaging
« on: November 22, 2016, 04:28 PM »
Anybody have any experience with this Humminbird product?
Good-bad-indiffent?

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Re: 360 Imaging
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 05:52 PM »
I don't have 360, but have Humminbird with down imaging.  My buttons occasionally 'stick' like I press it but it thinks I'm holding it down causing it to save a new shortcut.  Doesn't occur very often.  I don't believe I use the full features of my device as I should.  I would think Dave and Larry or O from Wi could talk more about whether or not the 360 or similar features are worthwhile.  I also haven't looked at the latest out there but would think everything would be touchscreen by now.  Mine you have to use buttons and menu to navigate.  Last but not least you may need to buy additional transducer to use at plane speed as the enhanced one in the box didn't work when I was on plane (uhhg).

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 10:14 PM »
I looked at the 360. I would only want it for my trolling motor. Mainly because I don't want the pole (transducer) on the transom. Only problem with that, is it is not compatible with a Terrova. Only with these models -Fortrex, Maxxum, or Edge. Only person I know that has it is O from WI.

Info here - http://www.azcrappie.com/forum/index.php/topic,3047.msg23136.html#msg23136

More info here :  http://www.humminbird.com/Category/Technology/360-Imaging/#id_Hardware
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 06:42 AM »
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 06:52 AM by cousinlll »

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 08:37 AM »

Cumberlandcrappie.com

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=657305

There ya go. Figured someone would overcome that obstacle. Thanks for the find LLL
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline o from wi

• AZCA Members
  • snow bird
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2016, 07:05 PM »
Yes,, yes I do! When it's working it's GREAT! Been having some issues with the head not finding it. Went out to Bartlett last week and it didn't work. Head said unit not found??? Hell it's right there on the back,, I can see it! Took it home, in the garage, turned it on and it worked FINE???  :violent-smiley-007: :violent-smiley-007: :violent-smiley-007:Anyway,, yes I like it so much I have one in Wisconsin too. I like,, you can see your waypoints on the screen. You can see trees, brush, whatever off to the sides and AHEAD of your boat so you can go in that direction. If you find a school of fish (see attached pic at 2:00) you can chase them. When you find them you can sit over them as in the pic. Fish under the BACK of boat,, top of the school is at 24 ft. (rings are at 24 ft). It does NOT work well with the new Helix. The unit keeps shutting down and rebooting. Humminbird has an updated Helix,,, I'll be on the phone with them Monday! So what else can I help you with?? As for Bartlett,, 6 hours,, 6 bass, 1 gill and a catfish that would look good in anyone's aquarium. May head back out Sunday??
Never trust a man who doesn't drink!

Offline o from wi

• AZCA Members
  • snow bird
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2016, 07:08 PM »
P.S. the 360 will NOT work with DI or SI at the same time. You need 2 units to get it done. One for side and down imaging and one for 360 and mapping/GPS. Oh yea,, don't pull out of your garage with door half open,,, new doors cost $1600. Unit repaired for about $400?? (wife has those pics).
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 07:15 PM by o from wi »

Offline o from wi

• AZCA Members
  • snow bird
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2016, 08:43 PM »
heading out tomorrow (Bartlett). Developed a loop knot tube. Will test with 360.

Offline SteveJ

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2017, 04:24 PM »
Just 'kicked' the 360 out of my head!
Just ordered a Helix mega DI gps G2N.
Has autochart which should be great for Show Low lakes.

Offline o from wi

• AZCA Members
  • snow bird
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2017, 07:41 PM »
Don't blame you for doing the Helix G2. I have the first version Helix in WI and am not happy,,,, 8 months later they come out with G2,, WTF!!! They PROMOSED me the updated software will solve my problems,,,,,,,   :angry4: :angry4:   Found out why 360 was giving me all that grief,, you can't switch screens until the 360 says you can (about 2 minutes load time). At least it's working!!!! :dance:  :blob1:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal