Author Topic: First ever time to be skunked at Alamo  (Read 4703 times)

Offline azbohunter

First ever time to be skunked at Alamo
« on: December 14, 2016, 07:40 AM »
Myself and two friends did a day trip to Alamo on Tuesday 12/13, for the first time ever, we got skunked. Not sure what is going on there.
Water temp was around 55, lake was flat, air temp in low 70's, fished several different presentations that has always worked in the past and all the usual areas. Spent the last two hours searching around deep water haunts on the dam end of lake hoping to find something new.
Last trip was two weeks ago and we caught 4 and I thought that was really slow. Not sure what is going on but there is a lot of shad everywhere when you get below 20 fow down to 30.
Not much of a report but it is what it is.
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
Re: First ever time to be skunked at Alamo
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 09:30 AM »
How is the launch area? Last time I was there it was getting tough
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline azbohunter

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 09:34 PM »
Launching by the dock is pretty bouncy, but I put in there this past trip and last trip 2 weeks ago however I had a hard time finding a spot level enough to drive the boat on when loading last time so this trip I tried the cut where the road goes into the lake, It is really level and plenty of water for me w/18' boat and 90 long shaft. Drove right on....need about 2 feet of rain in the mountains north of there
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 11:01 AM »
Hope the fishing picks up, but thanks for the report on the launch
SEA.....HAWKS....

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal