Author Topic: Roosevelt  (Read 12532 times)

Offline Rocko

• ahhhh
Roosevelt
« on: January 03, 2017, 12:50 PM »
Has anyone read the Game and Fish crappie report lately?   "Excellent crappie fishing, just look for the crappie armada."  I highly doubt this report is anywhere near true.  Has anyone on here actually experienced excellent crappie fishing at Roosevelt in the last several years?  or recently? Not this fisherman!   :sign0103: :sign0103: :sign0103:  but I wish it were true... I would just like to know who is making these fish stories up?
Rocky

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Roosevelt
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 03:46 PM »
Yup they are catching crappie at rosy (or they were till the lake got real muddy and came up 6') in the last week or so and there was some what of a flotilla on the salt end.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline WheatThin

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 07:44 AM »
I hate Rosey probably more than anything as I've wasted a lot of precious fishing time trying to catch fish there in recent years.  Over the holidays Kevin and I fished there as we needed cell phone service so were limited in lake choices.  We caught a few.  They are there, still hard to find, but certainly better catch rates than previous times. 

Offline Tweeder

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 01:11 PM »
While we did catch a few, I would love to know where the G&F reports are coming from.  The Armada was 3 boats including ours on the salt end. 

Offline whaler

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2017, 01:48 PM »
good to hear from you  if you find them please post

Piscolli

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2017, 03:56 PM »
Hey Rich and Kev, good to hear from you guys.

"Excellent" is not what I've heard, but to hear of any Crappie there is promising.

Offline Skeeterpeter

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2017, 07:18 AM »
 I don't think the few people on this page are the only crappie fisherman in the state. I've caught a ton of slabs on Roosevelt last year everyone in here said they weren't catching anything. I've also caught a ton on Bartlett last year when everyone said they hadn't caught anything. Locations I will not give out (not saying I'm some big bad crappie slayer). Not trying to argue but it's hard to believe the reports on here saying they don't catch anything when there's a ton of water in those lakes with a lot of baitfish and cover.
Wishin I was fishin.

Offline WheatThin

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2017, 08:23 AM »
I think that's a fair statement.  There are a few honey holes and areas that are more prone to hold fish.  Like I said, we caught a few, so I'm not arguing the report, just saying we didn't see a crappie armada.  I also believe excellent fishing is a personal term.  For me catching a few was excellent compared to some previous trips, but certainly well shy of what I consider excellent crappie fishing we have experienced at different lakes over the years.   When you have 100 boats fishing San Carlos on a weekday catching a limit all would say excellent fishing.  When you have 100 boats and a handful of boats limit while others struggle, only a few would report excellent results.  Subjective term and I try not to hammer on game and fish.  They want to build excitement and help motivate people to fish and potentially new fisherman.  I think the point I'm getting at is, Roosevelt is fishing better this year than previous for the average/casual fisherman that doesn't know all the spots or where to go or possibly even how to start fishing for crappie.

Piscolli

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2017, 01:58 PM »
I've caught a ton of slabs on Roosevelt last year everyone in here said they weren't catching anything. I've also caught a ton on Bartlett last year when everyone said they hadn't caught anything. Locations I will not give out (not saying I'm some big bad crappie slayer). Not trying to argue but it's hard to believe the reports on here saying they don't catch anything when there's a ton of water in those lakes with a lot of baitfish and cover.

I'm not trying to argue either but your reports from 2015 and 2016 (especially Bartlett) don't seem to back your statements up. Do you only post when you have bad luck? Or should we not believe your reports?

Offline Stevert

• AZCA Members
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2017, 07:35 PM »
I've caught a ton of slabs on Roosevelt last year everyone in here said they weren't catching anything. I've also caught a ton on Bartlett last year when everyone said they hadn't caught anything. Locations I will not give out (not saying I'm some big bad crappie slayer). Not trying to argue but it's hard to believe the reports on here saying they don't catch anything when there's a ton of water in those lakes with a lot of baitfish and cover.

I'm not trying to argue either but your reports from 2015 and 2016 (especially Bartlett) don't seem to back your statements up. Do you only post when you have bad luck? Or should we not believe your reports?

Bingo...........

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal