Fishing and Dock Talk > Crappie Questions

Any Suggestions?

(1/3) > >>

Rocko:
I'm looking for any suggestions....   I'm planning a multiple day trip to target crappie the week of March 6th.  I was thinking Alamo may be my best bet, since that lake usually turns on first. However I'm thinking Roosevelt could be ok by then.  Where would you go and why?

sandman:
I would do Bartlett. Up the river as far as possible. Why? Past history of good water movement during the spring.

azbohunter:
Last report I had which was a week ago, Bartlett is chocolate milk, worse than that up river. It is only getting worse with this last influx from 2/26 and 2/27.
The Sandy above Alamo is above flood stage again and flow rate is currently (noon on 2/28) 68,000 cfs...and at 19.2 feet (major flood stage  is 18.0 feet) Alamo has risen from a December low of 1077.9 to current level of 1105 today ( up .8 feet since yesterday) so a total of 27 feet vertical and will rise rapidly after the 1.4 inches of rain in last 24 hours. Alamo is going to be a mystery for a while?? :dontknow:
And Tonto and Salt drainage are under flood watch today, Roosevelt is a big lake, I think it might be the best fishery for crappie for sometime to come just because of all the above factors.
I have found other ways to keep my line tight and have been having fun!
One last note, a buddy of mine caught a dandy "White Crappie" at Pleasant the other day while fishing for x fish.

OneBlade:
Thanks for the info guys I wish there had more to report. Going to Alamo March 10 so will have info then.

azbohunter:
Lake is up 10 feet from 9AM 2/28 till 9PM 2/28

WATER LEVEL
Feet MSL

Tuesday, February 28, 2017
   8:00:00 PM
Level is 15.43 feet
below full pool of 1,129.00

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version