Author Topic: Current conditions  (Read 3901 times)

Offline Mike / T

Current conditions
« on: March 03, 2017, 02:49 PM »
With the rain and the lakes kinda getting back up was checking on anyones results. The debate is Rosie or Alamo and was hoping for a little advise.

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Re: Current conditions
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 05:47 PM »
Alamo has proved itself at least more consistently over the past several years. But honestly both lakes are going to be crazy messy with the prior storm and the one just last weekend.  I really think they'll do better in 2 to 3 weeks without any storms. Some of the club is headed to Alamo next weekend.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Current conditions
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 06:28 AM »
from and g and f fishing report

ALAMO LAKE – March 1 report from Mark Knapp at Alamo Lake State Park:

This going to very short, but worth reading.  The lake is still coming up.  When it's done we should be able to open the main  ramp.  Cholla ramp is open right now and the Dept. installed an 80-foot boat dock.  Way cool.  The lake looks like it did in '05 and is a giant milkshake.  Logs jams all over.  Fishing is terrible.  If you value your boat, stay away from here for now.  It's going to be killer fishing in about a month.  We will lift the water ski ban once everything settles down. There's lots of rattlesnakes in and around the lake.  We are dealing with them all over, so be careful. -- Mark

Rosy is still filling and full of debris and quite muddy so it is a coin flip on which is the worse for conditions.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 06:29 AM by Fishless »
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal