Author Topic: Bartlett | 03-06-17  (Read 5655 times)

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
Bartlett | 03-06-17
« on: March 06, 2017, 12:39 PM »
Went out to Bartlett yesterday with my family to get the boat on the water and to see what it looked like at 100% since it had been forever since I've seen it that full. We did a little fishing DEEEEEEP up the river (Past Sheep Creek), but didn't catch anything. I had never taken my daughter out on the boat so this was a trip to see how she would like it and to get her to try real fishing (She's been using objects around the house and pretending they were fishing poles and casting out to try and catch fish).

While I didn't catch anything, I did scan some stacked fish (assuming crappie) around 12-15 feet below the surface in Cat Bay. Was the same when I putted around Crappie Cove and the cove just past Ship Rock. Surface temp was between 54-56.

Lake Condition
There was debris everywhere! Lots of little sticks and bushes, but still plenty of lower unit destroyer logs floating on the surface. There were "Debris Beds" all over the lake (see pictures below). They were stacked in the back of coves, sitting in the middle of the channel... just everywhere. I almost wanted to toss some anchovies next to them and try to catch tuna, but I knew that wouldn't work.  :icon_jokercolor:

Yellow Cliffs Ramp

This is the big island just past the No Wake markers

Ship Rock

Some of the debris you can see around the lake

Look at how high this debris got on top of those rocks! It looks like giant pterodactyl nest
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 12:48 PM by PhishingPhreek »

Offline TRITOON

Re: Bartlett | 03-06-17
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 02:56 PM »
You could have taken pictures exactly like that on Alamo. Our lakes are going to have some healing to do. It is hazardous out there.
GOD BLESS

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 05:19 PM »
Louis that is the nest of a bald eagle anyone with in a mile of it gets citation, eagle watchers have probably already reported your boat number, another citation much more $$ than fire extinguisher!!!

JUST KIDDING

figured the lake would look a mess when they opened the spillways at horseshoe then it really sucks the junk from horseshoe down lake plus all the build up in the river after years of low flows.

Remember years ago Bartlett had some stuff after big runoff but not bad pulled into cove across from rattlesnake and saw something floating, it was a full length telephone pole floating with the climbing spikes on it. I ended up tieing a rope to it and dragging it up near shore. You have been to clean ups at Alamo, found refrigertors, big propane bottles  you name it. Will take a while for the lakes to clear up.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 07:36 PM »
Wow yellow cliffs water is way muddy.  Scared to see Alamo I may just use my trolling motor so it doesn't clog my impeller.  Thanks for posting the pics, that was cool.  I'm going to make it there this spring.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2017, 06:27 AM »
Wonder if Roosevelt is clearing up yet?   (Art where are you)
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline whaler

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2017, 10:46 AM »
thanks Louis you made my decision easier about  going fishing there.

Offline D.Hewitt

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2017, 08:41 PM »
Wow :( thanks for the pictures, I was thinking about going there on Thursday. Haven't seen Bartlett this high in years. Maybe it will be worth at least a car ride to take a look.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal