Author Topic: Alamo 3/11 - Nothing  (Read 4207 times)

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Alamo 3/11 - Nothing
« on: March 12, 2017, 03:39 PM »
Got on the water around 8:30am.  Cholla ramp open and very nice.  Water temp read 61.5 degrees and headed across to the other side of the lake.  We trolled closer to the shoreline.  Headed into a cove and water temps increased.  We anchored at 5 foot depth and put out some bobbers, no luck.  Headed up lake to what I thought was the end and had one fish (think it was small crappie) on but lost at the boat.  Water temp read 71.5 if you believe that.  Wish I would have checked my other temperature gauge to verify.  We were mainly trolling with some drop shot rigs off the front and jigs with minnow off the back varying depths.  Off the water at 2pm and seemed like I was one of the last boats on the lake.  Water of course was dirty but no problems with impeller or issues like that.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Alamo 3/11 - Nothing
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 04:05 PM »
Matt thanks for the report, up shallow at Alamo up lake I will find the water 8-10 degrees warmer than down lake. Is the lake still complete mud color? or is it starting to clear up some? much in the way of big lumber floating still to damage boats?

do they have the new big dock set at cholla ramp?
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 04:14 PM »
Lake had it's areas with debris floating around.  Color didn't seem that bad until we looked back at pictures and wow it was brown.  Breeze came up a bit 2pm on our ride home and it looked dirty then.  I didn't encounter random logs or anything and I think many of the trees I use to mark were pretty far submerged.  I sharpened my prop blade before we went :-)

I'm not sure if it was the new big dock at cholla ramp but there was a dock there worked great.

Offline TRITOON

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 07:42 PM »
Matt thanks for the report, up shallow at Alamo up lake I will find the water 8-10 degrees warmer than down lake. Is the lake still complete mud color? or is it starting to clear up some? much in the way of big lumber floating still to damage boats?

New 80 foot dock is installed. Old dock is still way out in the water and useless until F&G rescues it and puts it at the main ramp.
GOD BLESS

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 04:46 AM »

New 80 foot dock is installed. Old dock is still way out in the water and useless until F&G rescues it and puts it at the main ramp.

g and f crews are supposed to be out this week to move and install the dock at the main ramp, guess they have been working their tail off catching up after all the lakes came up so much.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal