Author Topic: San Carlos minnows  (Read 7961 times)

Offline cval2300

San Carlos minnows
« on: March 15, 2017, 12:18 AM »
Does anybody know if there is any reliable, we'll kind of,  place that sells minnows other than Butchers hook? I'll be coming down from Show Low.

Offline Art Chamberlin

• AZCA Members
Re: San Carlos minnows
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 08:35 PM »
FYI:  My next door neighbors, Terry and Cheri, left here today at 11 a.m. got to San Carlos, after getting all their permits, started fishing a 1:30. They quit fishing at 5 with their 50 crappie limits. They caught them casting a 1/16th oz jig with JD in very shallow water. Their still out there cleaning them! ......Art

Offline Art Chamberlin

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 08:40 PM »
They didn't take their minnows......Art

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 05:37 AM »
FYI:  My next door neighbors, Terry and Cheri, left here today at 11 a.m. got to San Carlos, after getting all their permits, started fishing a 1:30. They quit fishing at 5 with their 50 crappie limits. They caught them casting a 1/16th oz jig with JD in very shallow water. Their still out there cleaning them! ......Art

Casting :o :o looks like I have to make a trip to Carlos, thanks for the info Art
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Rocko

• ahhhh
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2017, 07:22 AM »
Wow! that's great news for San Carlos!  Speaking of minnows... I found out that the marina at Roosevelt is no longer selling minnows.  They told me the minnow tank broke and they are not motivated to get it fixed any time soon.
Rocky

Offline Mike / T

Re: San Carlos boat access
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2017, 05:54 PM »
With the current water level, where is the best place to launch a boat.
And how is the access?

Offline Art Chamberlin

• AZCA Members
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2017, 08:00 PM »
Terry and his son Doyle went today and got another 50 crappie limit as did his brother Steve and his son. Sounds like it's on fire and their headed back in the morning. .....Art

Offline Art Chamberlin

• AZCA Members
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2017, 04:14 PM »
They 50'd again and were back here at 11:30 a.m.   Also, Kasey won his HS bass tournament with a five fish limit of 8.92 lbs........Art

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2017, 04:56 PM »
They 50'd again and were back here at 11:30 a.m.   Also, Kasey won his HS bass tournament with a five fish limit of 8.92 lbs........Art

Thanks for info Art, tell Kasey congrats on the win (what lake did they fish)?
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Art Chamberlin

• AZCA Members
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2017, 08:02 PM »
Roosevelt

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal