Author Topic: Looking for Mobile Boat Motor Mechanic  (Read 4851 times)

Offline SAM-RAI

• SAM-RAI Racing
Looking for Mobile Boat Motor Mechanic
« on: March 29, 2017, 07:33 PM »
Howdy Folks,

I need a little help in finding a reputable mobile mechanic that can come over to diagnose my Johnson 150 engine why it won't start. Any advise or help would highly be appreciated. Thanks!

Sam
The awaken soul now helping humanity in the ascension process. Wake up, humans!
www.humancolony.org   /   www.girk-fit-niir.com

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Looking for Mobile Boat Motor Mechanic
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 06:49 AM »
Guys on one of the other fishing websites talk about Ken's mobile marine? might do google search think he is in the east valley
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline sandman

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 07:36 AM »
Ken is very good but you may find it difficult to book him this time of year (true with most of the really good ones)

You can give him a try though 480-649-3234

Offline SAM-RAI

• SAM-RAI Racing
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2017, 03:33 PM »
Much appreciated. Thanks, guys!

Offline gonfishin

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 08:48 AM »
I have a Johnson 150 also (2005 carburator) and after pumping up the primer bulb I must choke it {push in the key) continuously until it pops once or twice. It then starts (without choke) during the next few cranks. I've also noticed that, while trolling for a few hours with the engine tilted up (to avoid tangling of the trolling lines while in a turn) that the engine wont start without re-pumping the primer bulb. I suspect the carb bowl slowly drains back into the gas tank when the engine is tilted up. This doesn't happen if I leave the motor down. Hope this helps.

Offline SAM-RAI

• SAM-RAI Racing
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 10:16 PM »
Thanks for the info, but that's not the case as all electrical parts are newly replaced including the fuel line primer bulb. Primer bulb works great and hold pressure well. However, the main problem is that it's not firing or there's no spark with the motor crank over many times easily.

I was told by a co-worker to check the flywheel magneto as that tend to go bad with age from his experiences as former boat mechanic and has replaced many for customers. I have look into that and see what happens.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 10:19 PM by SAM-RAI »

Offline sandman

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2017, 04:29 AM »
Did you check the kill switch?

Offline azbohunter

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2017, 01:09 PM »
I needed this advise once but I figured it out pretty quick on my own. Deserve some credit for that I thought :violent1:
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Offline craigm

• AZCA Members
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2017, 01:47 PM »
I needed this advise once but I figured it out pretty quick on my own. Deserve some credit for that I thought :violent1:
                                                                                                                                                                                         X2 been there done that

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal