Author Topic: Remember bag/possesion limit at San Carlos lake  (Read 5227 times)

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Remember bag/possesion limit at San Carlos lake
« on: February 14, 2011, 04:25 AM »
Just a reminder if you read the regs for San Carlos res. for crappie (crappie 25 per day or in "possesion"). On ariz g and f fishing areas there is no limit on crappie, lake powell is 10 right now and when fishing state waters you are normally allowed two daily limits in possesion for things like trout or bass etc. on SC if I read it right and what I have been told you are allowed 25 per fisherman total no matter whether you fish 1 day or 5 days. You will probably never see SC g and f out on the lake checking boats but they will at times set up road blocks and ck fishermen on the way out, and they require as on state land that you leave head/tail/or skin on filet's. The one big difference on the res is if you mess up you don't just get a citation they will seize things, and that could be fishing gear all the way to expensive items like (the boat) etc. and you are sent to tribal court which is similar to being in Mexico. Not trying to scare anyone or keep you from going but just remember reservation land is a sovereign nation which follows their own rules (which I have seen change day to day) and as SC lake gets to "craken" with the fishing improving you want to have fun and return home with all your gear and fish :dontknow:

BAG LIMIT:
           - Trout 10;  Bass 10;  Catfish 25; and  Crappies 25 per day or in possession.  Persons under the age of 12 may fish without a permit only if they are accompanied by an adult holding a valid reservation fishing permit.  The bag and possession limit for persons under the the age of 12 is half of that of a permit holder
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 04:29 AM by Fishless »
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
Re: Remember bag/possesion limit at San Carlos lake
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 08:57 AM »
Good Post Fishless!

Yea, The last two times we went to SC we had conversations on just this topic. That little catch phrase of "Or in Possession" is the kicker!! People just see the 25 per day and leave it at that. My friends didn't read the whole sentence and was assuming it was 25 per day for as long as your out there. Like you Fishless, I read it as your only allowed 25 in your possession at anytime whether it's day 1 or day 5 of your trip. We also left a bit of the skin on most of the fillets just in case.  I have heard that the SC G&F will inspect your camper/boat/truck looking for just this issue.

Also don't forget that the permits expire at MIDNIGHT so be sure to tell the clerk issuing your permit exactly when your arriving and departing so they issue it correctly. This sucks for those that night fish a lot. Don't know about the rest of you but for me, I'll pay the extra few $$ just to make sure I'm legal. It's a pain giving the Indians that much money but like Fishless said, Your in their country playing by their rules.

LLL
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 09:47 AM by cousinlll »

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 11:09 AM »
This topic has been in discussion for years! I remember everyone talking about this on The Zone before I even got into crappie fishing. It's a good thing to have posted before things get hot at that lake!

I didn't realize the permits were so expensive. I can't imagine going out there for an over night trip and spending $36 for 8 hours of fishing on top of the 160 mile drive for me.

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 06:12 PM »
ye freak your the info guru and you took off wout knowing where your goin or even where kilmers is when you got all of us whose been there done that at your beck and call.  next time call ahead dude were all anxious to help you get yer ch... stuff together and get you on the water.

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 06:34 PM »
Truth be told... I had never been to Globe before. The way everyone always says "Just go to Kilmer's" I assumed it would be an easy find. When I hit globe and it wouldn't end I started to get concerned. I got to the Circle K and the girl at the counter told me "Oh man, you're way past it. It's over by the Walmart." So I went over back to the Walmart, couldn't find it, got pissed and decided to pull up my phone and Google it. Since I had seen it spelled 3 different ways on this website I wasn't sure how to spell it correctly. I eventually found it, used Google Latitude from where I was and drove there. :)

I looked it up before I left, and it said it was on Hwy 188... I should have known that Hwy 188 was not the road through Globe but the one I take when I exit the B-Line to go to Rosey! I'm just gonna stick to Fisherman's Choice since it's only 2 miles from my house.

(Sorry for the temporary thread hijacking)

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 04:03 AM »
Louis, isn't Globe pretty!! ya right and I love the way the speed limits go up and down every mile from Superior,Claypool,Miami etc. It's like going to alamo once you are west of Wickenburg there ain't much out that way all the way to the lake.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 06:56 AM »
i here ya man, and nuthin more frustrating. just beefin ya. ass u me

Offline silver48

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 07:37 PM »
Good information from everyone on the subject of limits and indentification of the fish, as rules do change from day to day.  About 10 years ago, my freind was fishing SC and was told by a SC G & F patrol that only keeping a portion of the skin on the fillets was acceptable.  That was until he was leaving and got stopped again and searched.  He was told that a portion of the skin was not acceptable.  During the search of his boat, they found a pistol he kept holstered and locked in a boat compartment. They said the pistol was considered as being concealed, so they cited him, confiscated all his fishing gear, the pistol, and were even going to seize his boat.  He ended up keeping his boat, but had his pistol and gear seized.  When he went to tribal court he was fined and told his gun and gear would not be returned and to consider himself extremely lucky.

Like Fishless says, just be careful.  It would really suck to have a great day turn into a nightmare.  Though this is still part of America, you are in their world, and what they say goes!   

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 09:17 PM »
good info, I have talked to their g and f wildlife people and they don't even know their rules or they change them as you talk to, just be smart

I have several friends that have been to their tribal court (it is a joke)

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 09:46 PM »
Yeah, I felt like I was going to Mexico when I went there this weekend. Paranoid that I was going to accidentally screw up on something stupid. I was even scared to get the boat in plane in the water because I wasn't sure if they would get me for that! lol That's one of the reasons I've always put off ever going there.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal