Author Topic: Bob Hirsch Crappie Classic - Roll Call  (Read 4339 times)

Offline Art Chamberlin

• AZCA Members
Re: Bob Hirsch Crappie Classic - Roll Call
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2017, 05:25 AM »
Team Chamberlin will be back! I hope to stop by either Thursday afternoon or some time Friday. .......Art

Offline o from wi

• AZCA Members
  • snow bird
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2017, 06:33 AM »
I should be back in town Monday?? Looks like I will be alone,, one more guy (Larry) to look up. Are my dues paid??? Probably not  :wtf: I have some (big) dead grapefruit tree branches coming down. If they are down on time,, I will load some. C U soon!
Never trust a man who doesn't drink!

Offline on the rocks

• AZCA Members
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2017, 07:53 AM »
Art, not looking for honey holes or anything but do you know of anyone that has caught some crappie up there lately? I am looking for that warm and fuzzy feeling going into the derby

Offline Art Chamberlin

• AZCA Members
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2017, 11:03 AM »
I am trolling areas that I have caught crappie this time of year trying to locate a few schools on brushpiles. The lake level has never been 2114' this time of year before so my previous waypoints are of little use! After I locate a school I vertical them. Many bunches won't bite for me and when I do catch one or two I leave and look for more. I'm catching quite a few channel cats while I'm doing this (not good). I think they will get more active as the water cools so I'm optimistic there will be quite a few fish caught at the derby. I look forward to seeing you all and best of luck to everyone.  .......Art   

Offline sandman

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2017, 11:32 AM »
Art, is the Grapevine ramp useable?

Offline Art Chamberlin

• AZCA Members
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2017, 01:57 PM »
Yes, totally.

Offline sandman

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2017, 06:11 PM »
Thanks

Offline on the rocks

• AZCA Members
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2017, 06:47 AM »
Art, Thank you for the reply it is greatly appreciated. I may need to bring my favorite blanket to get that warm and fuzzy feeling.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2017, 09:05 AM »
Art, not looking for honey holes or anything but do you know of anyone that has caught some crappie up there lately? I am looking for that warm and fuzzy feeling going into the derby

From this weeks g and f fishing report :dontknow:

It has been several months since I have received positive crappie fishing reports. Curt Rambo of Tonto Basin reported that crappie are finally starting to school and he caught about a dozen crappie on each of two recent trips. Curt stated that some structure, either rock or brush, must be present in about 20 foot depths for crappie to be present. He uses a vertical fishing technique using an ultra-light power rod and Power-Pro braided line. This combination of rod and line is extremely sensitive which is needed to detect the slight bite of a crappie.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal