Author Topic: pulling snags out  (Read 6401 times)

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
pulling snags out
« on: February 15, 2011, 06:53 AM »
i dont know if everyone allready knows this but, ive been pulling all my tree snags out without going back over them. i crank the drag to max point my rodtip straight back at the snag and keep on goin. its worked every time except once where the line broke. sometimes ive bent the hook but i dont use braid, i cant stand the limp ass stuff, and the 12 flouro pulls the snags right out no fuss no going back no messin with the other line, sweet.
i hope that didnt sound stupid like any two year old allready knows this but i looked stupid before spinnin around goin back and pullin straight up.
anyone got a tip that should be common knowledge id like to hear it. like how do i know how much line i have out. im relying on feel. or i just let out a little line every so often till i get a bite or start bottom bouncing, or snag a tree.

Piscolli

Re: pulling snags out
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 07:16 AM »
Just grab ahold of the spool, no need to use drag

Offline sandman

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 02:57 PM »
Just grab ahold of the spool, no need to use drag

Help prevent bending the shaft on spinning reels.

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 07:43 AM »
yuse all forget im a zebco man, the omega man, i kinda look like charlton heston even. :laugh:
we should start a tips for nubes section so we can teach each other and nubes some of the things we take for granted?

Offline ahmedroshdy77

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 08:48 AM »
The nubes section idea is great, it will be very helpful

Offline wannacatchem

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 03:10 PM »
I vote for the nubee section!!  :sign0144: :iagree:

Offline Papermouth

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 12:51 PM »
One cool trick...

When I was young I would fish a body of water that would get really choked up with weeds. Using lizards and worms texas rigged, I'd hook into largemouth in open water and there were times, inevitably, the fish would trap themselves in a cluster of weeds, to the point of snag.

In short, if you get a snag with a fish on, get the line tight with some bend in the rod and slap the bottom of the rod, as hard as you can with the palm of your hand. I have been amazed at how many times it works to get the fish out of those situations.. From LM Bass here in AZ to Pike in the boundary waters of MN, it's worked and is worth a shot. I think I've even done it with a crappie on a slip bobber caught in the sticks.
Have a Crappie Day :thumbsup:

Offline Crowbait

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2013, 01:18 PM »
I never snag up so I don't know what you are talking about.  :dance: Wait you have to be fishing. I miss those days.  :headbang:

Offline Fish Hawk

• AZCA Members
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2013, 02:09 PM »
I never snag up so I don't know what you are talking about.  :dance: Wait you have to be fishing. I miss those days.  :headbang:
You remember what crappie looks like. You don't need a bigger boat and they don't eat rocking chairs

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal