Author Topic: Slow start  (Read 3353 times)

Offline TRITOON

Slow start
« on: November 03, 2017, 06:35 AM »
We are back at Alamo for the winter. Had high hopes for a hot bite but it just hasn’t developed yet. Some very nice fish being taken but scattered out. Water temps are still hovering around 70 so still warm , a good cold front would help. Both ramps are still open so there are choices.
Up Lake in about 20 feet of water is where the nicer fish are hanging out, lots of smaller fish are being picked up from the bouy line to the dam. And sadly fish from 7-10 inches are being harvested.
Weather has been great and the wind is cooperating so come take a chance and be sure to stop by and say hi.
GOD BLESS

Offline azbohunter

Re: Slow start
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 06:39 AM »
Thanks for sharing Wade, I keep hoping to see a better report but won't keep us from trying!
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Offline Tweeder

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 10:08 AM »
Wade just start posting the ADEQ warning not to eat crappie out of the lake by the ramps.  Should slow down the harvesting of 7-10 inchers :thumbsup:

Fish Consumption Advisories for Arizona Waters

Pollutant: Mercury
Fish Species: Largemouth bass and Black crappie:
Advisory: ADEQ recommends that the public not consume these species.

Offline Fish Hawk

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 02:23 PM »
Thanks for updates guys

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2017, 03:55 PM »
Thanks for the report Wade,
Rumor has it the are closing the main ramp soon due to low water and the CORP staging equipment for work on the gate/valve at the dam (love that main ramp need rain) also there is a line of no entry buoys that should be up by now down near the dam (crews were adding more this week because people were still going in the closed area)

wish the snow birds would leave the small crappie :angry4: :angry4: and g and f would get off their ass and put reasonable limits and size requirements in :angry4:
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 03:57 PM by Fishless »
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline TRITOON

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2017, 04:06 PM »
Thanks for the report Wade,
Rumor has it the are closing the main ramp soon due to low water and the CORP staging equipment for work on the gate/valve at the dam (love that main ramp need rain) also there is a line of no entry buoys that should be up by now down near the dam (crews were adding more this week because people were still going in the closed area)

wish the snow birds would leave the small crappie :angry4: :angry4: and g and f would get off their ass and put reasonable limits and size requirements in :angry4:
You are right Bruce, bouys are up but people are ignoring them. Dive team is now active so maybe that will stop them.
We have a fresh new rookie warden just out of the academy who is residing in the G &F trailer. Word is he is gong ho so be sure to have everything in order. They are also doing a sonar survey on the Lake so very active.
Tg
He main ramp is at the end of the cable and we can’t let it out anymore until they bring more out. I expect their first born before that happens. Lake is dropping about 18 inches a month so it won’t be long before it does have to be closed.
GOD BLESS

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2017, 05:36 AM »
g and f crew is supposed to bring out more closure buoys this week and also look at the main ramp dock (guess one of cables broke) hopefully they can get it squared away and the CORP should start releasing water at a slower rate (winter time releases soon). Hope you guys get some rain this winter.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal