Author Topic: 11/11/2017 San Carlos  (Read 6487 times)

Offline CamFisher

11/11/2017 San Carlos
« on: November 13, 2017, 08:38 AM »
I went out in my little 12 footer plastic coleman crawdad, on Saturday.  Slow trolled between the boat launch and the dam and caught 40+.  Majority were keeper size but just kept the bigger ones.  Average depth was 32-36 feet of water and the bite was generally 5-15 feet down.  Fishing with road runners, two per line.  Colors didn't seem to matter too much, but I would say that the electric chicken probably triggered the most strikes.  I tipped with crappie nibbles at first, but the bite seemed to be there regardless.  Crappie did not seem particularly concentrated and bites were fairly regular from 10 am to 2 pm, then slowed.  I stayed out long enough to put out a couple lights- only had the lights out for 45 min. before the wife called and guilt tripped me into coming back home.  (I wanted to see if I could draw the minnows in... I had success with this at Roosevelt, but only tried once at San Carlos and it didn't seem productive for me.)

Anyone else fished San Carlos lately?

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: 11/11/2017 San Carlos
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 09:23 AM »
Thanks for the great report, remember the limits on San Carlos, how the heck did you get phone reception at Carlos I have Verizon and never had cell phone service on that lake anywhere.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline CamFisher

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 09:45 AM »
Thanks for the reminder about the limits.  I typically keep far less than what the limit allows, due to not as many fish eaters in my home.  Unfortunately I do get Verizon cell service on my galaxy S7...and my wife knows it.  I will try and post a pick of the bigger ones I took home.

Offline CamFisher

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 10:45 AM »
Has anyone had success night fishing under lights, at San Carlos.  I have done well at Roosevelt doing this, but can't seem to draw in the baitfish at San Carlos...what am I doing wrong?  Anyone got any pointers?  Thanks!

Offline sandman

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 11:06 AM »
I usually try to be off that rez before dark  O0

Offline CamFisher

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 12:58 PM »
I know what you mean, ...I have heard of a lot of vandalism that goes on there.  I used to carry when I would go, but I heard the rules are different there and I would be the one in trouble if I brought "something" onto their land.  Fortunately, I haven't had any problems yet.  I wish they would take better care of that lake.  There is garbage everywhere!!!  I will say this though, if someone was motivated, with a few hundred garbage bags one could collect a few hundred thousand beer cans and bottles and make some decent money from recycling them!

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2017, 08:37 AM »
Is the Soda ramp still in the water, or are people dirt launching?
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline Bobberdown

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2017, 07:32 PM »
Hello and thanks for the great info I'm new to your club looking forward to sharing learning and helping out! Is the boat ramp still in the water at soda canyon I have a pontoon boat and a two wheel drive truck?

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2017, 04:34 PM »
Is the Soda ramp still in the water, or are people dirt launching?

Guy on another site says Soda ramp still usable as of this weekend but to be careful of lots of broken glass on the ramp from beer bottles :angry4:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline on the rocks

• AZCA Members
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2017, 06:12 AM »
Marvin and I are going to give San Carlos a try this weekend (Saturday 12/2) If anyone else is going, look us up Silver and Gray Triton Will hopefully have something to post on Sunday.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal