Author Topic: Alamo Lake Feb 15 & 16  (Read 2462 times)

Offline ScottyD

Alamo Lake Feb 15 & 16
« on: February 16, 2011, 05:00 PM »
Got on the water about 8:30a on Tuesday, fished the 2nd buoy line until 10am with no luck and then trolled up to the north end flats. Picked up 1 slab there and that was it. About 25 boats in the flotilla and everyone we talked to only had 0, 1 or 2. Most of the boats left around 12:30, we went in about 1:30. Water temp was 54 in the morning.

Went back out about 3:30 to the north flats, only two other boats for the evening fish. Nothing until 5:05 and then we had 3 on at once (lost 1 of them), caught 2 more and lost 1 more and had a couple of hits all in about 20 minutes and then it shut off again.  5 total, caught 3 on black/chartruse grub, the other 2 on a jig tipped with a minnow. Surface temp was 59.

Camped out and fished a couple of hours Wednesday morning and kind of the same thing happened. Got out about 7:45, nothing for about 45 mins, then my buddy caught one and he no more than had it in the boat and both my rods went off. While we were bringing those in, his other rod went off. We lost that one. Then it shut off until we left at 10:45. 3 total, 1 on black/chart grub, 2 on roadrunner jig with minnow. Wanted to get out before the weather hit, was hoping the 4-5 days of warm weather would have kicked it up some. 

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Alamo Lake Feb 15 & 16
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 05:23 PM »
thanks for the great report WOW!! 59 degrees is getting up there, dang storms including now another one next wednesday should screw things up good, man if I would of had the multiple hook up like that would of thrown a marker buoy out and turned around and casted that area sounds like you got over an active school
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline ScottyD

Re: Alamo Lake Feb 15 & 16
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 06:30 PM »
Yeah, I have a gps and I marked it and we whipped right back around and worked the area over good. It was a strange couple of days, my buddy even caught one while he was letting line out, he was only down about 2 feet, LOL. When it hit, it scared the crap out of him.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal