Author Topic: 2/15  (Read 4512 times)

wadefisherman

2/15
« on: February 16, 2011, 11:46 PM »
I received a call from a fella we met at the lake from Iowa (Bill) on the last SC trip and wanted to know if I could help him put some slabs in his boat since he hasn't caught one yet since he has been in Az. He was skunked that day and we had about 30 so he must of thought we had a clue about catching more than fishing :) I saw the weather report and said that it should be a good day so lets go. I usually like to get to the lake at oh dark 30 but he was not buying the 0500 drive out. Needless to say we got to fishing around 11:30 and stayed until 4:00. I gave him and his son in law some tips on set ups, speed and depth and we started catching some fish. They missed more than the caught but they had a good time doing it. We ended up with 24 fish, nothing over 2 lbs but they were quick learners. I think the best fish was the 1st fish, they took to long getting the net and it shook off, that one had to be 2lbs+, she is still swimming in the lake ) She'll be 3+ by next week :). It was a good time had by all. I had some bad luck on the way home, one of his ice chests shifted and fell on my Wally Marshalls, busted 3 of them all to hell. That was a painful lesson learned when we got back and saw that they were mashed. I usually leave them extended in the center of my boat without ever having problems. From now on them 12 footers will be broke down when traveling.  :3some: The bite seemed to pick up after 2:00, we left them biting when we pulled up and headed for home.

Offline ScottyD

Re: 2/15
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 01:01 AM »
Nice job, sounds like San Carlos was the place to be. I thought about running down there but I live way out in NW Phoenix, Alamo is only an hour and fifty minute drive for me so I ran out there instead. I'll have to man up and pull the trigger on a SC trip one day.

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 03:26 AM »
Good Report Brian!!  Nice of you to help them out. 

LLL

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 05:39 AM »
san carlos?

glad you got on fish, now the dang weather goes to hell through next week!!!!!!!!

rain friday, saturday into sunday morning, windy cooler then two nice cool days then another storm wednesday :wtf:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Fish Hawk

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 07:48 PM »
sucks about the rods. good job on showing those guys some fishing tips

Offline sandman

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 04:59 AM »
If only we knew someone at BPS.... you might could warranty them out.

wadefisherman

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2011, 05:23 AM »
I was shown some love at BPS, three new Wally Marshall 12"ers are in the boat. Thanks Bill for helping me out with this problem.

Offline IAMMAC

• AZCA Members
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2011, 09:49 AM »
Sounds like a great trip except for the rods breaking.  If you have a seat avaliable next time give Christian a call.  I am sure he'd love to go.

wadefisherman

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2011, 10:27 AM »
We've been going on weekdays when has school. I had him in my thoughts, If I do a weekend trip or during spring break I'll keep him in mind.

Offline IAMMAC

• AZCA Members
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2011, 01:46 PM »
He can go during the week when he is on Spring Break.  How is retired life treating you?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal