Author Topic: Alert: Alamo is in jeopardy  (Read 7623 times)

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Alert: Alamo is in jeopardy
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2018, 05:09 PM »
good news glad they are rattling the cage already.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline craigm

• AZCA Members
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2018, 07:51 AM »
Sent an email ,basically mirrored Piscolli , mentioned membership in Sun City Conservation and Sportsmans Club and Arizona crappie Ass , fingers crossed

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2018, 05:13 AM »
Need you comments sent in by Feb. 8th, as their "steering committee" meeting is on the 10th of Feb.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2018, 05:19 AM »
If you haven't sent in your email or letter to the CORP protesting the plans to drop Alamo lake this spring please do so as soon as possible. It appears this proposed lake drop has very little to do with dam maintenance and more to do with the environmental group that wants the river below the dam "washed out". If you read the COPRS plans etc. they put very little importance on fishing and recreation on the lake. Lake has suffered through years of drought and now that it has some water they want to grab it. If you look at procedures the reason the releases from Alamo are year round 25cfs during the winter and 50 during the summer which has caused the lake to drop continuously in order to water the riparian area on the river.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2018, 05:33 AM »
Only a few more days to send in your concerns about the lake being dropped, I got word last night that if the CORPS plans go through BOTH ramps will be out of water, if that happens you better make sure you have a 4x4 vehicle in attempts to launch anything bigger than a car topper boat.

Offline Stevert

• AZCA Members
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2018, 10:22 AM »
Here is what I e-mailed Pamela

Dear Pamela;

My name is Steve Seivert.  Recently, I learned of the Corp’s desire to drain Alamo Lake for a period of 20 days at a rate of 5,000 CFS.   Inasmuch as this action could start in the next week or two and extend to a peak by March 15, 2018, my concern is that this draw down will happen right as the Crappie/Bass spawn is in full swing.  An event like this will surely affect the future population of those species unless it’s done after the spawn is over.  It seems to me that if this event truly has to occur, it would benefit everyone to wait until the summer months.  Has that been considered?

Lastly, what elevation will the lake level be at when that release is finished? 

Thank you for your consideration.  I look forward to your response.       

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2018, 06:54 AM »
This is your last day to submit your concerns

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2018, 12:39 PM »
Well everybody hold your breath word is the CORP will make their decision this Friday 2/16 on whether to draw down Alamo :banghead: the rumor and fear is if they decide to go ahead with the draw down they may start to release water immediately :crybaby2: >:(

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal