Author Topic: Alert: Alamo is in jeopardy  (Read 1126 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Stevert

  • AZCA Members
  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 754
    • View Profile
Re: Alert: Alamo is in jeopardy
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2018, 10:22 AM »
Here is what I e-mailed Pamela

Dear Pamela;

My name is Steve Seivert.  Recently, I learned of the Corpís desire to drain Alamo Lake for a period of 20 days at a rate of 5,000 CFS.   Inasmuch as this action could start in the next week or two and extend to a peak by March 15, 2018, my concern is that this draw down will happen right as the Crappie/Bass spawn is in full swing.  An event like this will surely affect the future population of those species unless itís done after the spawn is over.  It seems to me that if this event truly has to occur, it would benefit everyone to wait until the summer months.  Has that been considered?

Lastly, what elevation will the lake level be at when that release is finished? 

Thank you for your consideration.  I look forward to your response.       

Offline Bob M

  • Member
  • Posts: 167
    • View Profile
Re: Alert: Alamo is in jeopardy
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2018, 12:37 PM »
I've called, emailed and mailed my concerns trying to at least get the draw down delayed until after the spawn.  Has the Club done anything formally in writing to any government entity that could have a say in this action?  Simply asking a judge to order a "stay" to give time for all concerned parties to be considered may push it back enough for the coming super spawn to happen.
 
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 12:41 PM by Bob M »

Offline Fishless

  • AZCA Members
  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 3066
    • View Profile
Re: Alert: Alamo is in jeopardy
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2018, 06:54 AM »
This is your last day to submit your concerns
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Fishless

  • AZCA Members
  • Member
  • *
  • Posts: 3066
    • View Profile
Re: Alert: Alamo is in jeopardy
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2018, 12:39 PM »
Well everybody hold your breath word is the CORP will make their decision this Friday 2/16 on whether to draw down Alamo :banghead: the rumor and fear is if they decide to go ahead with the draw down they may start to release water immediately :crybaby2: >:(
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books