Author Topic: life stirring at bartlett  (Read 3274 times)

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
life stirring at bartlett
« on: February 19, 2011, 05:54 AM »
caught lots of lg. mouth bass, they were a pain, most were small, picked up 7 nice female crappie, calmest winds I have seen at that lake in years, overcast and light boat traffic :headbang:

if SRP were not dropping the lake so fast I think they are trying to start there move up still deep but not out in channel, little worried if water keeps dropping through april may screw things up for the spawn, water got up to 55 today late in the day.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 05:55 AM by Fishless »
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Rocko

• ahhhh
Re: life stirring at bartlett
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 10:08 AM »
That's a good sign that you are catching fish!  I know a guy that fishes Bartlette twice a week all year long.  He has not been catching much of anthing lately.  Hopefully winter will end soon so crappie fishing heats up.  It looks like we are getting close if the water temp got to 55. Last year there were a lot of small crappie caught, I hope they are bigger this year.  What part of the lake did you catch the crappie? 
Rocky

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 05:43 AM »
tried it this last tuesday, (0) crappie, lots of rat bass (they are everywhere) but after that weekend front think it sent them packing. I caught a couple up in the trees above yellow cliffs then casted my way from the yellow cliffs down into the upper lake coves. fish still scattered but showed signs of moving up at least to feed, still not seeing any shad up anywhere.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 06:56 PM »
I'm heading to Bartlett this weekend.  Lake level I read is 80% full.  I don't have 4x4 but was planning on docking at the yellow cliff boat ramp.  Do you know if I'll have problems docking?  Is entire cement ramp under water or does it become mud?  If I go, I can submit a fishing report.

Piscolli

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 08:07 PM »
the ramp is fine

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal