Author Topic: Bartlett lake ramps  (Read 4305 times)

Offline gonfishin

Bartlett lake ramps
« on: February 15, 2018, 08:32 PM »
Got to the lake about 9am, just in time to meet the FS guy locking the ramp gates. Seem as though they have to lower the lake level to do a clean out at the dam. Both the Main and Yellow Cliffs ramps will be closed until July 4th. (I think the lake will still be open if you can find a place to launch) Since there was a trailer in the parking lot, he was going to leave the gate closed but unlocked and come back in the afternoon to lock it up. Since I was only going to be on the lake for a couple of hours he agreed to let me launch. THAT'S THE GOOD NEWS. After going through the gate and making the boat ready on the ramp the damn truck wouldn't start. Got some help from a camper in SB cove to tow the rig back up to the parking lot but before we started the tow, he suggested I try to start it again. BINGO it started and I headed home and to the shop where no problem was found. BTW the lake was calm as glass and the rain had stopped and I'm sure the crappies were dying to eat the three dozen minnows I had brought along.

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Re: Bartlett lake ramps
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 10:17 PM »
Wow closing both ramps, that must be a lot of water they’re going to take out. I don’t know if it’s just imaginary work for these guys but it seems like they find a reason to lower the lake every year around spawn. Maybe they missed last year, I forget.

But isn’t that how it goes??!  Truck problems at the lake, get all the way back to mechanic and they say there is no problem.  Uhhhg.

Offline Fish Hawk

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 07:23 AM »
Damn there goes the spawn at Bartlett

Offline o from wi

• AZCA Members
  • snow bird
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 07:49 AM »
THANKS! for the report... saved me a trip... I was just getting the boat out😡😡😡
Never trust a man who doesn't drink!

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 04:03 PM »
this is from TNF service cave creek ranger dist website, says SB cove ramp closed (which happens every year) as they use water from the verde side till about April. You might want to confirm that boat ramps are closed the main ramp normally still has water for quite a while after the SB ramp closes. That announcement was just yesterday

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yellow Cliffs Boat Dock/Boat Ramp-Closed

Date(s): Feb 16, 2018

Yellow Cliffs Boat Dock and boat ramp, at Bartlett Lake, is closed because the water level has dropped to an unsafe level.  The dock and ramp will reopen when the lake levels rise enough to safely reopen.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Rob

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2018, 10:08 AM »
Since 2 lakes are going to be effected by water levels for spawn, what lakes are going to do best this year?

Offline Rocko

• ahhhh
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2018, 03:28 PM »
That is exactly my question as well... am I going to have to go to San Carlos to catch some crappie?  I did catch some at Bartlett last year but I worked very hard for just a few fish.... and most of them were very very small
Rocky

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal