Author Topic: AZGFD going to court against Corp of engineers draw down plan  (Read 6283 times)

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Just came back from the meeting, some good presentations by sportsmen and which included the asst attorney general for AZ, by a unanimous vote the AZGFD commission voted to go to court to attempt to get an injunction against the Army corp of engineers plan to draw down Alamo lake :dance: :headbang:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline ffp1711

Re: AZGFD going to court against Corp of engineers draw down plan
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 06:59 PM »
 Thank you Bruce for the update.   Also thanks for all the hard work that yourself and several others have done for all of us. 

Offline TRITOON

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 07:57 PM »
 :dance:
Thanks Bruce. This is a wonderful decision.
 :blob1:
GOD BLESS

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2018, 05:08 AM »
I went to the meeting just for a nice drive in the afternoon
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline craigm

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2018, 06:33 PM »
got this in my email just now , Did someone dropped the ball with the injunction;                     

U.S. ARMY CORPS OF ENGINEERS, LOS ANGELES DISTRICT, ALAMO DAM
ISSUES A PUBLIC NOTICE

The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Los Angeles District, Operations Branch, Alamo Dam, announces availability of the Final Environmental Assessment for the Alamo Dam Flushing Flow Release.  The FONSI can be viewed at the link below:

http://www.spl.usace.army.mil/Media/Public-Notices/Article/1456070/spl-2018-00002-mig-alamo-dam-flushing-flow-release-ea/

Proposed Action: 

The Corps proposes to release water from Alamo Dam in order to facilitate required maintenance activities.  All comments submitted during the public comment period were included and responded to in the Response to Comments Appendix.
The release will conform to the following general parameters:

1)  Maximum release will not exceed 5,000 cfs.  The maximum release will not occur for more than 12 hours.
2)  Total release time, including ascending and descending limbs, will not exceed 20 days.
3)  Ascending limb of the hydrograph will be moderate.
4)  Descending limb of the hydrograph will initially drop steeply, followed by a gradual return to base flow.
5)  The peak of the hydrograph (5,000 cfs flows) will be completed prior to March 15th.
6)  The final target elevation of the lake will be between 1097 and 1102 ft.

The Corps can be reached for questions or concerns regarding Alamo Dam via email at: AlamoDamSPL@usace.army.mil

The Alamo Dam Flushing Flow EA is available for review upon request.  Please email your request to AlamoDamSPL@usace.army.mil

If you wish to subscribe or unsubscribe from the email notification list for public notices regarding Alamo Dam please email AlamoDamSPL@usace.army.mil with either ‘Subscribe Alamo’ or ‘Unsubscribe Alamo’ in the subject line.

DEPARTMENT OF THE ARMY
LOS ANGELES DISTRICT, U.S. ARMY CORPS OF ENGINEERS
915 WILSHIRE BOULEVARD, SUITE 930
LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA 90017

WWW.SPL.USACE.ARMY.MIL/

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2018, 07:44 PM »
Nope, until this final EA came out from the CORP there was nothing to get an injunction against. G and F did notify the CORP that they do plan to file legal action so things may be happening now or will happen Monday. The CORP appears to have changed their mind again on a couple issues so it should get interesting.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2018, 05:21 PM »
Here is the schedule for the draw down if there is no injunction approved (which was filed for Friday evening) when the final EA was published. IF the draw down happens (main ramp gone) Cholla will be barely usable where you launch off the cement blocks (which are a pain) take someone with 4x4

The Corps proposes a multi-purpose release water from Alamo Dam in order to facilitate required maintenance activities.

The release schedule is as follows:

1)    The release will begin on March 12, 2018.

2)    Ascending limb of the hydrograph will be moderate.

3)    Maximum release will not exceed 5,000 cfs.  The maximum release will not occur for more than 12 hours and will begin starting the evening of March 14.

4)  Descending limb of the hydrograph will initially drop steeply, followed by a gradual return to base flow.

5)  The release will end on April 1, 2018.

6)  The final target elevation of the lake is 1100 ft.

Offline Stevert

• AZCA Members
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2018, 11:43 AM »
Looks like they plan to drop it 10 feet.  Dang, and i'm just about to get my boat out of the shop. 

Offline Rocko

• ahhhh
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2018, 04:04 PM »
I was planning on going to fish Alamo monday - wedesday next week, now I'm not sure if I should even bother going.  Do you fellas think that it will disrupt the crappie bite that much?  I sure know it has affected the crappie at Bartlett I have not done well there for many years.  I'm trying to get my 79 year old father to catch some crappie again,  any recommendations for next week?
Rocky

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2018, 05:19 AM »
I was planning on going to fish Alamo monday - wedesday next week, now I'm not sure if I should even bother going.  Do you fellas think that it will disrupt the crappie bite that much?  I sure know it has affected the crappie at Bartlett I have not done well there for many years.  I'm trying to get my 79 year old father to catch some crappie again,  any recommendations for next week?

talking to one of the persons that knows the lake and operations he is saying when they hit the big releases it will drop 6" per hour and quite fast even at the lower 1750cfs, that will mess up the crappie and the bass with them not shutting releases off till April 1st it will create all sorts of issues with fish spawning or even staying shallow. (great April fools joke :angry4:)
That have not used that large gate in a longggggg time I just hope once they start opening and closing it they don't have issues with it not working properly :dontknow:
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 05:21 AM by Fishless »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal