Author Topic: Rosey 3/11  (Read 2635 times)

Offline Tweeder

• AZCA Members
Rosey 3/11
« on: March 13, 2018, 02:25 PM »
Didn't get up there and on the water till 11:30 as we wanted to wait for the rain to pass.  Rain and fog almost the entire way to the lake then the clouds broke around the lake as we drove down the hill from globe.  Launched out of windy hill and stayed in that area till about 4:30.  Ran out of minnows but not a single crappie.  Caught 30+ small lm and my dad caught a 3lb smallie so still had some fun.  Most fish caught drop shotting minnows but I caught a few on castmasters and small jigs. 

Offline CamFisher

Re: Rosey 3/11
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 09:12 AM »
Hello Tweeder,

I thought I was the only one who couldn't find the crappie at Roosevelt.  I've found them in other lakes but I always get skunked on crappie whenever I go to Rosey.  I shouldn't complain too much because when I would go I would catch plenty of large mouth, white bass, and channel cats- but NO crappie.  I hear about guys catching them around Windy Hill, School House, Sally Mae, etc... but not me!  I can teach someone how to get them at San Carlos if they want to show me how to get them at Roosevelt!

Offline Bobberdown

Re: Rosey 3/11
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 01:47 PM »
Hey fellas rose is a big girl. I like to troll road runners on the tonto end north of cholla. White jig head with a green weenie tail tipped with a minnow seems to do the trick for me. Good luck!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal