Author Topic: San Carlos  (Read 7676 times)

Offline cval2300

San Carlos
« on: March 18, 2018, 09:42 PM »
I know many of you have fished San Carlos since Feb 12th. I live a long ways from the lake and I, as a long time follower of Azcrappie always look here for reports and nobody posts
hardly at all any more. If anybody knows how the bite is at San Carlos please PM or post on the threads.  I'm trying to figure out where to go this,weekend. Thanks in advance

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Re: San Carlos
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 10:11 AM »
I haven't gone in a few months but if I did I'd post.  I've seen mixed reports on other social media sites - my guess is it's worth a trip there.  This time of year they're surely biting.  Only issue is knowing ramp situation.  Do you have 4x4 just in case water level is low?

Offline Philbie

• Minnesota Crappie
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 11:18 AM »
A friend of mine went there on 3-7 and got skunked.  He normally does very well.

Offline CamFisher

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 01:16 PM »
I went at the first of the month and the fishing was fine when trolling mid-lake, but the crappie were not yet in the shallows yet...too cold then.  It was pre-spawning conditions.  I plan to go again this week.  I am hoping that with the warmer river that they might be in the shallows spawning...but, we will see!

Piscolli

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 06:03 AM »
I talked to a guy Sunday at a gas station who said they were catching big crappie from the bank the week before.

Offline Bobberdown

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2018, 07:49 AM »
Boat ramp is good bite was slow last weekend.   Did see some people shore fishing but got no info from them goodluck

Offline cval2300

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2018, 11:28 PM »
Thank you guys so much for the info! I have a 20ft motorhome, so hopefully the ramps are still wet. Any info on minnows in globe or San Carlos store?

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2018, 08:27 AM »
I've heard they sometimes sell minnows at the San Carlos store but honestly never been there.  You'd want to find the phone number and call in advance.  There's a place on the 188 closer to Roosevelt Lake called M&S Marine that use to sell them - you'd want to call them in advance as well http://ms-marine-service.com/.  If you're coming from east valley, go to Liar's Korner.

Offline cjw2222

• Aim Small, Miss Small
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2018, 09:21 AM »
Headed there Saturday and will post a report.  Minnows seem to be sold out everywhere save Liar's Corner.

Anybody know if you can launch from Mohave Point?  I'd rather not make the commute from Soda Canyon.  Will be driving lifted 4x4 Duramax with a 16' aluminum bass tracker.

Offline cjw2222

• Aim Small, Miss Small
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2018, 06:55 PM »
Mohave is barely in the water.  Aluminum boat was no problem.  Bite was decent but the cool noon wind slowed things down.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal