Author Topic: Reception with Verizon  (Read 2847 times)

Offline heynow

Reception with Verizon
« on: March 09, 2011, 09:26 PM »
Does anybody know if you can get good cell reception with Verizon at Alamo Lake?

Offline TRITOON

Re: Reception with Verizon
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 09:39 PM »
There is a spot near the bouy line where you can get out but it is really spotty and seems to come and go. Nothing at the campground. Good luck
GOD BLESS

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 10:02 PM »
Last time I went to Alamo, I managed to get 2 bars of reception behind the new store. I had to walk behind it and stay back there or I lost the call. Unfortunately, I don't remember if that was with Alltel or Verizon. I've managed to get enough of a signal to make calls at the "No Wake" buoys at the ranger station ramp as well.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 05:45 AM »
ya right at the store you have reception and at the main launch ramp, uplake past the buoys on the north side you have reception (shows other network) on my phone but voice mail and phone calls come through, most of the other areas on the lake unless you are up on a hill you will not have reception or it is spotty where you may not get or make a phone call but will occasionally get an alert to a voice mail, if you move around the lake you will get reception to make a call
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal