Fishing and Dock Talk > Crappie Gear

Spinner Reels For Crappie

(1/5) > >>

PhishingPhreek:
I busted one of my favorite crappie reels this weekend and I decided to look for a good replacement. I Googled it and wasn't really happy with the results. I had one guy saying "Go Shimano" because they make the best, highest end reels on the market which seemed like a ridiculous statement...  :icon_scratch: Then I had another website who gave their "best 5 crappie reels" and only a few of the links they supplied went to valid locations. Needless to say, the results I found were terrible and didn't really help me at all.

I wanted to reach out to everyone here and find out what reels you use for crappie fishing. Do you guys even care about the reel or is all about the rod to you? Do you use different types of reels on your trolling rods vs your shore tossing jig rods? Or do you just buy a combo at Walmart and use it for trout, crappie, and bass (Which I'm definitely guilty of doing!)  :greengrin:

I wouldn't mind hearing everyone's thought on this.

IAMMAC:
I use Shimano Sedona spinning reels and have never had any issues with them.  You can get them for under $100 and they will last forever if taken care of.

Fish Hawk:
For the long rods I use Bass Pro spinning reel ($60). For casting the banks I use a Zebco Omega Pro ($80) 

cousinlll:
+1 on Shimano.  I bought a little Sahara SH-1000FI Spinning Reel that is perfect for casting light jigs.  $80 but shop around & check for weekly or holiday sales.

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Shimano_Sahara_FI_Spinning_Reels/descpage-SH.html

Fishless:
for casters the Omega reel from zebco is fantastic, I used to wear out a 33 or other version of zebco's in less than a year (cheap built) went to the Omega which has real ball bearings etc. and I get 2+ years on them before I wear them out and they have a real drag on them so you can set it or adjust if you happen to hook a big bass or cat.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version