Author Topic: Alamo 5-15-2010  (Read 7089 times)

Piscolli

Alamo 5-15-2010
« on: May 17, 2010, 08:18 AM »
Me, Jay, Repo and Fish Hawk got to the lake about noon and set up a quick camp. Then we headed up by the dam were we trolled for about 1.5 hours. We ran into Me N Rats and he said that he had grapht fish across from where we were so we all headed over there.

About 2 pm we found Crappie at about 10' deep over 40 to 90' of water along the steep cliff walls. We caught 12 nice Crappie by 4:30 pm then had to leave for the AZCA meeting at 5 pm. I think Rats had about a half a dozen as well. After the meeting and a quick dinner we returned to the same spot to find other AZCA member catching fish. I think Tritoon had 6 or so.

As it got dark we headed over to were Wild Willie and crew were set up with lights out. They caught 3 or 4 real fast so we had high hopes. But as the sun fell the bite shut off. We fished untill about 11 pm with no bites and headed back to camp. We left Sunday morn about 8 am as it was getting very hot!

Its was very strange to find a pretty good day bite but nothing at night. Anyway it was a good trip and it was great to see everyone.

Congrats to Fish Hawk for his first double on one line!

Offline Whatagearhead

Re: Alamo 5-15-2010
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 02:38 PM »
nice report - too bad I missed the trip this month
Wanted: Total Conciousness

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 09:12 PM »
glad you guys found the last 12 crappie in the lake :o

you get any shad up in the lights at night Bill?
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Piscolli

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 07:32 AM »
No shad, no crappie. All I could do is scratch my bald head

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 12:15 PM »
It was around 2-3 when we started to get some shad popping the fry. None of the shad balled up though. You could hear them attacking all around the boat and occasionally see them swim to the surface and jolt back down at the light.I caught 1 crappie (as the sun was coming up) and 1 channel. All other crappie were caught trolling minnows.

Offline TRITOON

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 05:30 PM »
Wow!!!!  You have more stamina than I do to be able to stay out there all night with the bugs and not catching anything. We left early when the bite didn't develop and cleaned what we had then hit the sack planning on getting up early and going back out. That didn't work out either so we packed up and headed home.  Still had a great time though.  Wish Piscoli would have met up with his new best friend back at camp so we could have had some excitement.
GOD BLESS

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 07:13 PM »
I saw no shad the two times I was there :wtf:, their numbers may be down but they should have a great spawn this year with the lake up and the nutrients washed in to it O0
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Fish Hawk

• AZCA Members
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2010, 09:04 AM »
I wish Alamo was a little closer to home. To bad we had to come in for the meeting, we were just getting into them. Thanks for guiding Piscolli. had a great time.

Offline TRITOON

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2010, 09:10 AM »
We liked it so much up there we are headed back Monday morning for 4 days. Hope the fish are still hungry. We are going to try a few ideas we came up with after our last visit so if any of them work out we will share but if they are a bust I am not going to let you know what stupid things I wasted my time on.  Either way I will definately brag to all you hard workers out there just how great it was to be on the lake all week without the crowds.   EAT YOUR HEARTS OUT.
GOD BLESS

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal