Author Topic: Roosevelt 7/7  (Read 2283 times)

Offline Tweeder

• AZCA Members
Roosevelt 7/7
« on: July 08, 2018, 05:12 PM »
Fished from about 7:30-3:30am, interesting night weather wise.  Calm, then wind, then wind from the opposite direction, then rain and a decent size bass tournament on the lake to boot.  We ground out 15 crappie and a gill near windy hill, 5 keepers but only one jumbo.  All drop shotting minnows and shad. 

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Roosevelt 7/7
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 05:43 PM »
thanks for the report, I wish my old body would let me do a night fishing adventure but I feel like crap after those anymore
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Tight Line

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 03:50 PM »
My wife and I fished there the same night.  Only caught 3 keepers and a girl.  Tough night on the water as that wind made it hard to stay in any spot.  I really need to figure out the Crappie fishing on that lake. 

Offline Tweeder

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 09:57 AM »
Ya the night trips are brutal sometimes, takes me at least a day to recover. 

Tight line that wind did make it a challenge, my spot lock on the TM held for the most part but we had to re-position several times.  The only consistent I have found at Roosevelt is needing to get a decent ball of shad around the lights.  If we only get fry or a few shad we move locations. 

Offline Tight Line

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 10:00 AM »
Thanks Tweeder, I will definitely keep that in mind.  We only got some small fry in there.  We were fishing in 20' but 10'-15' down 56' of water only yards away.  We need to spend more time up there and do some graph scouting and marking. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal