Author Topic: Rosey 4/13-4/14  (Read 4084 times)

Offline Tweeder

• AZCA Members
Rosey 4/13-4/14
« on: April 17, 2018, 10:23 AM »
Got up to Roosevelt Friday afternoon and wind was howling.  Launched about 4:30 from Grapevine to see if we could find any fish before the derby Saturday.  Picked up one crappie in Y cove on a drop shot minnow so figured in that weather it was a good sign for Saturday.  Wrong, blanked on Saturday in perfect weather.  Hit Salome, the islands, the bridge, and Y cove again Saturday but nothing but bass.   

Offline Azstick_and_string

Re: Rosey 4/13-4/14
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 08:56 AM »
I went out early Saturday (4/21)and spent the night on the boat.  Had pretty much the same luck as you,  caught one under a light near grapevine.

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 02:30 PM »
Hey Azstick - would you mind posting your own trip report by starting a new topic under Lake Reports > Roosevelt.  And I’m sure some would like to hear more about your night fishing setup if willing to share. Welcome aboard & thanks for the posts!

Offline Azstick_and_string

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 03:30 PM »
 not a problem,  will do in the future.

Offline mfrisby

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2018, 09:19 PM »
Got up to Roosevelt Friday afternoon and wind was howling.  Launched about 4:30 from Grapevine to see if we could find any fish before the derby Saturday.  Picked up one crappie in Y cove on a drop shot minnow so figured in that weather it was a good sign for Saturday.  Wrong, blanked on Saturday in perfect weather.  Hit Salome, the islands, the bridge, and Y cove again Saturday but nothing but bass.

Hey, I'm new to the AZ fishing area. I've found Salome on the map - but where is Y cove and the islands?

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2018, 06:31 AM »

Hey, I'm new to the AZ fishing area. I've found Salome on the map - but where is Y cove and the islands?

Y cove is on the road side of the lake between school house and grape vine, not sure what islands you are talking about?
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Tweeder

• AZCA Members
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2018, 09:25 AM »
These islands midlake.

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2018, 02:21 PM »

Y-Cove
This picture shows "Y" Cove, which is where Bruce had mentioned.
Highway side of the lake between Grapevine and Schoolhouse ramps.

Mid-Lake Islands
This picture doesn't really show islands, but when it's low you can see them.
You can see them better from Tweeder's reply, but this shows you where they are compared to Salome (circled in blue) and the dam.

Offline mfrisby

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2018, 04:45 PM »
do you guys have any luck up around the marina? Or out by the big tractor tires?

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2018, 07:18 AM »
can't fish the marina itself that is off limits with signs, in the past people have caught crappie out around the big tires, lots of cables and things to get hung up on but it can be done.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal