Author Topic: Lake Pleasant Fee Increase (County Side)  (Read 2133 times)

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
Lake Pleasant Fee Increase (County Side)
« on: April 17, 2018, 04:38 PM »
I just saw a video on one of the Facebook fishing groups I follow regarding a small increase in entry fees, along with a big change in overnight fishing fees.

It looks like the Day Use fee for the lake went up 1 dollar, so it's $11 to go to Lake Pleasant for Day Use Only. I put emphasis on the Day Use part of that statement because the county has decided that anyone who stays at the lake past 10 PM is now considered an over-night camper. This means, you now have to pay the camping fee and not Day Use.

I would link the video, but it's a closed group on FB and you need to be a member of the group to view it. I sent an email out to Lake Pleasant Regional Park to find out more details on it and I'm waiting to hear back.

In the meantime, here's a link to the News Release regarding the price increase.
https://www.maricopacountyparks.net/modest-fee-adjustments-for-maricopa-countys-regional-parks-approve/

Additional notes regarding this....
This increase and rule change only affects the county ramps, which are the 10-lane and 4-lane (Castle Creek). You can still enter at the marina and pay the single 24-hour lake access fee, which is $8 if I remember right.

Is there anyone else with more information regarding this? Bruce, I figure you would be the insider on this information. :)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 04:40 PM by PhishingPhreek »

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Lake Pleasant Fee Increase (County Side)
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 05:40 AM »
First time in years they did not increase the yearly pass I buy. I get real irritated they raise the rates yet don't ck anything. I fish out of castle ramp most of the time and on weekdays there is no one manning the pay booth, at times when I go up to get my vehicle I will walk down the line of vehicles parked and often times they have no permit of any kind both out of state idiots and in state. I see people pull up to the iron maiden and grab an envelope put the envelope in the vehicle and put the top part of the pass on their dash board (no one cks the money vault). People camped all over the lake that drive in the back side and no permit. They have no enforcement and the people that don't pay know it. At least TNF has some enforcement of people camping and launching boats.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal